The Information Technology department is an important part of our growing company infrastructure and as a member of this team, you are critical to our success. Our IT group has an immediate need for a solid Applications Developer located in our Portland, OR office.
• Member of IT Business Applications Team responsible for the design and development for all current and future systems.
• Develop, implement and maintain a comprehensive strategy for application program and data management.
• Responsible for delivering Business Applications projects on time, on budget and within scope.
• Proactively engage the company in order to meet business needs with IT systems.
• Act as the technical liaison to the business for all Business Applications projects. May need to interface directly with external customers when Ecos is selling technology based services.
• Support in designing, architecting, support and maintenance of company’s systems; create reports, modifying existing data outside normal parameters and consult with program managers on modifications to existing databases.
• Responsible for the maintenance and support of assigned portions of Ecos’ database environment, and providing input to the Lead Developer and Director of IT regarding company data standards and practices.
• Provide input for Business Applications budgets.
• Participate in capacity planning, disaster recovery and performance analysis.
• May assist in design and maintenance of data security policy and procedures.
• Train users with varying degrees of knowledge to effectively use the database system.
• Perform related work as required.
• Bachelor’s degree required, and; or any equivalent combination of acceptable education and experience providing the knowledge, abilities, and skills cited above
• Demonstrated experience leading full life cycle projects and working with and advising teams.
• Customer contact, including requirements for communications (written and oral).
• Has expert-level knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within the business applications development field to include processes involved with the software development lifecycle.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees and other departments
• Ability to communicate effectively, verbally and in writing
• Have an in-depth understanding of all aspects of database and related development technologies as well as ability to advise organizational leaders regarding technologies.
• Understanding of project management and application development methodologies and cycle.
Our salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience. We are a performance-based culture and have goal-based incentive programs and generous employee benefits. Our comprehensive benefit package includes medical, dental, vision insurance, life, AD&D, short- and long-term disability insurance. We also offer flexible spending accounts and 401(k) with a generous employer match.
Ecova is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation or preference, religion, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or physical or mental disability.
To learn more about Ecova and to apply online, please go to: http://www.ecova.com/about-us/careers.aspx.