Carbon & Sustainability
The Carbon and Sustainability Team leverages Ecova’s utility bill payment and energy management foundation to provide holistic carbon and sustainability consulting services to our many Fortune 1000 customers. Our interest lies in expanding our clients’ appreciation of the opportunities in, and interconnections between, the varied aspect of carbon and sustainability management. To realize this goal, we provide executive level strategic planning, carbon accounting and reporting, internal training and communications, and custom sustainability services. In addition, we are currently incubating expanded waste management and product carbon footprinting/life cycle assessment services. Our rapidly growing team continues to expand Ecova’s carbon and sustainability offerings with the goal of increasing the speed by which our clients realize environmental impact reductions and associated financial benefits.
In this role you will familiarize yourself with Ecova’s existing Carbon Accounting & Advisory Services. As a Carbon Analyst, you will work with the Carbon Accounting & Advisory Services team to deliver carbon management initiatives to our clients as well as assist in the continued strategic development of our services.
Primary responsibilities include:
• Assist the Carbon Accounting & Advisory Services team with client deliverables, including annual greenhouse gas (GHG) reports, semi-annual newsletters, and CDP reporting guidance
• Ensure the Carbon Accounting & Advisory Service team is utilizing the most up-to-date carbon accounting methodologies and assists in the advancement of Ecova’s infrastructure used to deliver our services, inclusive of scope 1, 2 and 3 emissions activities
• Provide expertise on industry specific emission factors and works with multiple stakeholders to maintain Ecova’s robust carbon management platform
• Monitor changes to carbon calculation protocols to provide recommendations on enhancements and best practices applicable to our internal processes and systems
• Support the Carbon Accounting & Advisory Services (Manager/team) with service strategy and development
• Work with clients and the Carbon Team to deliver enterprise-level carbon assessments as well as customized carbon analyses
• Bachelor’s degree in engineering or environmental science
• Carbon management degree qualification and/or Master’s degree desirable
• Minimum 2 years of experience working on climate change issues, preferably within a consulting environment
• Proven technical expertise in GHG quantification and accounting (utilizing The Climate Registry, WRI/WBCSD GHG Protocol, and/or ISO 14064.1; other accounting standards also helpful) and an understanding of climate change regulations, policies, and actions
• Demonstrated an ability to conduct enterprise-level carbon accounting assessments
• Data management expertise a plus
• Self-motivated and can work independently as well as in a team
• Excellent analytical abilities
• Confident oral and written communication skills
• Proficient using all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint) and advanced Excel skills are a plus
Our salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience. We are a performance-based culture and have goal-based incentive programs and generous employee benefits. Our comprehensive benefit package includes medical, dental, vision insurance, life, AD&D, short- and long-term disability insurance. We also offer flexible spending accounts and 401(k) with a generous employer match.
Ecova is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation or preference, religion, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or physical or mental disability.
To learn more about Ecova and to apply online, please go to: http://www.ecova.com/about-us/careers.aspx.