Making a World of Difference -At Ecova (http://www.ecova.com/), we believe each individual, no matter the role, can make a difference for our clients (http://www.ecova.com/results/clients-testimonials.aspx), the environment and for themselves. Ecova is built on a strong foundation of integrity, community, leadership, persistence and urgency.
Our highest goal is to be the market leading, trusted advisor to organizations driven to maximize results, reduce expenses, manage risk and improve environmental performance. Our focus is to grow results on saving resources for our clients – from utilities (http://www.ecova.com/utility-programs.aspx) to facilities (http://www.ecova.com/commercial-industrial.aspx). We apply data-driven insights – from demand to impact – to target inefficiencies and See More (http://www.ecova.com/see-more), Save More (http://www.ecova.com/save-more.aspx) and Sustain More (http://www.ecova.com/sustain-more.aspx) for our clients.
We strive to deliver results and innovation through efforts of our unparalleled people to each and every client with whom we engage. We’re on the look-out for team players to work with us in serving as an integral extension of our clients to measure, analyze and improve resource management. Come join the Ecova family… together we can Make a World of Difference.
Plans, organizes, directs, and controls a corporate wide strategy, business plan and policies for the effective management of the accounting functions for the Company and its subsidiaries. Directs overall financial reporting, accounting, billing payment, cash collections, IFRS/GAAP compliance, and tax compliance. Directs the accounting and control functions, reports results of operations and analysis, provides coordinated financial statement presentations to management and the Audit and Finance Committee of the Board of Directors and assures that adequate internal controls are in place. Assures compliance and contributes to the financial integrity of the Company.
* Responsible for ensuring the accounting operations of the company, including systems and controls, are capable of generating timely and accurate consolidated financial statements in accordance with International financial reporting standards and generally accepted accounting principles.
* Establish monthly management reporting processes including the design and creation of different deliverables to enable leadership to evaluate the performance of the company.
* Oversee the operations of the accounting department, including the design of an organizational structure adequate for achieving the department's goals and objectives.
* Provide leadership in strengthening internal communications with staff at all levels throughout the organization; create and promote a positive and supportive work environment.
* Develop, implement and monitor more robust and comprehensive policies and procedures for accounting, finance and operational processes.
* Develop and present periodic written and oral reports to the Audit and Finance Committee of the Board of Directors.
* Coordinate consolidation and reporting packages. Identify areas of process improvement to gain efficiencies.
* Assure capable and effective staff by selecting, training and developing subordinates.
* Perform other duties as assigned. Job duties are subject to change as directed by management.
* The position requires a Bachelor's Degree in Accounting.
* Professional CPA license is preferred.
* Leadership experience from a Big 4 firm or equivalent required.
* Other combinations of education/experience may be considered.
* Ten to fifteen years of related business experience at a Controller level or equivalent including supervisory/managerial experience in a company of $100M or more in revenue.
* Proven ability to efficiently assess the status of the accounting and finance department, the financial reporting function, and the internal control environment with a view towards improving the effectiveness and relevance of the department.
* Ability to effectively provide leadership, training, and development of staff.
* Experience identifying, selecting and implementing an ERP system.
* The ideal candidate will have a strong business background with both public and private accounting experience as well as the ability to create positive relationships with key stakeholders, including the Board of Directors.
* Experience managing accounting systems and setting accounting policy across multiple business units or divisions preferred.
* Project management skills to support cross functional projects, including IT related finance projects.
* Previous experience as a key resource in the selection and implementation of an ERP.
* Knowledge of corporate financial policies and procedures and ability to navigate corporate financial issues and activities.
* Strong leadership skills including interpersonal, communication, planning and organizing, judgmental and decision-making skills.
Our salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience. We are a performance-based culture and have goal-based incentive programs and generous employee benefits. Our comprehensive benefit package includes medical, dental, vision insurance, life, AD&D, short- and long-term disability insurance. We also offer flexible spending accounts and 401(k) with a generous employer match.
Ecova is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation or preference, religion, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or physical or mental disability.
Connect with Ecova: Twitter (http://www.twitter.com/ecovainc)| LinkedIn (http://www.linkedin.com/company/ecova)| Facebook (http://www.facebook.com/ecovainc) | Blog (http://www.ecova.com/ecova/blog.aspx) | Videos (http://www.ecova.com/news-media/videos.aspx) | Webinars (http://www.ecova.com/news-media/webinars.aspx)
Apply Here: http://www.Click2Apply.net/wyrdd8r