The Energy Procurement Analyst I is a mid - level position providing comprehensive energy procurement services by supplying product recommendations, market analysis, pricing evaluation, and contract management to Energy Procurement Managers. They are versed on all deregulated energy markets, and provide these services for clients throughout North America.
• Work with limited supervision to provide energy procurement consulting services to energy Procurement Manager Team; including, but not limited to: RFP development, market assessment, risk management, strategy development, contract negotiation, contract management, and product management.
• Maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of assigned regulatory markets.
• Communicate regularly with Energy Procurement Managers and clients via conference calls and e-mails.
• Communicate with utilities, local distribution companies, and public utility commissions to gather timely, accurate, and complete energy market intelligence.
• Communicate regularly with supplier partners.
• Provide assistance during Reverse-Auction events as requested by clients.
• Maintain required client reporting tools for procurement team.
• Maintain comprehensive toolsets for risk management and market assessment for procurement team.
• One year of relevant experience, particularly in the areas of energy procurement, utilities, finance, risk management, or quantitative analysis.
• Two year college degree or equivalent.
• Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
• Intermediate MS Excel and Word skill level required. Ability to create macros and programming within excel highly desired.
• Solid presentation development and delivery skills.
• Utility experience or knowledge of utility bill calculations preferred.
• Must be detail oriented, flexible, adaptable and self-motivated.
• Ability to handle deadlines and high stress situations on a periodic basis.
• Occasional travel to client locations may be required.
Our salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience. We are a performance-based culture and have goal-based incentive programs and generous employee benefits. Our comprehensive benefit package includes medical, dental, vision insurance, life, AD&D, short- and long-term disability insurance. We also offer flexible spending accounts and 401(k) with a generous employer match.
Ecova is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation or preference, religion, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or physical or mental disability.
To learn more about Ecova and to apply online, please go to: http://www.ecova.com/about-us/careers.aspx.