The American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE), a leading national research organization based in Washington, DC, seeks a research analyst focused on health and environment. ACEEE is an independent, 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization founded in 1980 that acts as a catalyst to advance energy efficiency policies, programs, technologies, investments, and behaviors.
ACEEE’s organizational culture is collaborative and team-oriented with a strong commitment to its mission. Staff work at an energetic pace within a dynamic and entrepreneurial environment with an emphasis on professional growth and development. There is a high degree of workplace flexibility, with an emphasis on results, making ACEEE an enjoyable and fulfilling place to work.
ACEEE seeks a research analyst to support ACEEE’s work on the health and environmental benefits of energy efficiency investments in the United States. The research analyst will support the work of the senior manager of air and climate policy. Areas of focus include:
- Assisting the organization in developing analytical capability to quantify and qualify the health benefits of energy efficiency policies and programs
- Supporting policymakers, advocates and ACEEE programs in their consideration of energy efficiency policies and programs that can be used to address issues of health and justice in communities
- Conducting technical analysis that documents how energy efficiency enables a transition to low and zero-emissions energy resources
- Strengthening relationships with and supporting organizations working to protect health and ensure equity for communities and vulnerable populations
- Conducting analysis to identify opportunities for the private sector to improve profits and reduce regulatory uncertainty with energy efficiency
- Interpreting and analyzing regulatory issues at the federal, state and local level, including the role of energy efficiency for compliance with air pollution regulations
- Monitoring and briefing ACEEE staff and stakeholders on relevant news on energy efficiency, air regulations, and related topics
- Contributing to reports on environment and health issues
- Creating factsheets, blog posts, webinars, and other outreach materials
ACEEE seeks a quick learner with a background and strong interest in health, energy, and the environment. This position requires someone who can work independently and is comfortable coordinating across different teams and subject matter areas. The ideal candidate will be poised and professional and have the skills and expertise to respond to requests from advocates, regulators, and policymakers at the national, state, and local levels. Additional qualifications include:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Advanced degree or rigorous coursework in policy analysis, health, energy, and/or environmental studies strongly preferred
- At least two years of experience related to the health, energy, and/or environmental sectors
- Experience with or sound knowledge of health policy, energy efficiency and environmental regulation
- Existing relationships with the health policy community preferred, but not required
- Understanding of US agency rulemaking and federal regulatory processes
- Highly analytical and detail-oriented with good spreadsheet analysis skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Superb organizational and project coordination skills, with the ability to manage multiple activities simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills
Timing: This is a full time position based in Washington DC with a February start date.
Salary: Commensurate with qualifications and experience
To Apply: Send cover letter, resume, and brief writing sample to email@example.com and use “Health and Environment Research Analyst” in the subject line. We do not accept phone calls.
ACEEE is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination with regard to race, sex, color, age, religion, creed, class, sexual orientation, national origin, and disability.