Energy Trust of Oregon is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to energy efficiency and renewable energy development. We serve Oregon customers of Portland General Electric, Pacific Power, NW Natural, Cascade Natural Gas and Avista and SW Washington customers of NW Natural. In 2017, Energy Trust has been recognized as one of the 100 Best Nonprofits to Work For in Oregon.
"At Energy Trust we embrace diversity and strive to create a culturally attentive organization. We welcome different ideas, cultures and backgrounds and believe that this makes us a great place to work. We invite you to explore job opportunities with us." Mike Colgrove, Executive Director
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
This position will manage the delivery of the Standard and Lighting programs of Energy Trust's Industrial and Agricultural energy efficiency program. Key responsibilities include leading program design, development, and implementation; developing the budget and work plan; managing program delivery contractors; and assisting in evaluations for these programs. The Program Manager also leads data management and analysis for the sector and manages the operations support staff.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage all aspects of development and implementation for the Trade Ally driven Standard offerings of the Production Efficiency program and budget of approximately $10 million.
- Provide primary technical oversight and internal project management for the development of new prescriptive and calculated savings measures for industrial and agricultural sectors.
- Lead development of stakeholder engagement, strategies and channels to market in the agriculture sector.
- Provide internal subject matter expertise on industrial lighting technologies and applications and irrigation efficiency.
- Oversee program contracting process, including developing RFP's, scopes of work, soliciting bids, negotiating contracts, and managing the execution of the contract.
- Ensure contract deliverables and activities are executed on time and within budget.
- Operate program tracking system to process incentive payments and generate program tracking reports.
- Lead development of program direction, strategy and budget.
- Develop work plans and manage key deliverables, including directing the work of others.
- Manage a multitude and variety of complex contracts, ensuring terms and deliverables are met directly or through staff.
- Write and present reports to advisory committees and board.
- Assist in program evaluations and reviews.
- Represent Energy Trust interests and give persuasive presentations at public events.
- Perform all functions of the job in a safe manner.
- Position will hire and manage sector operations staff.
- Position will hire and direct the work of multiple external contractors, suppliers and/or vendors in the course of managing specific programs and other efforts.
- Minimum of Bachelor degree or equivalent in relevant discipline (engineering, science, economics, business, or environmental science preferred)
- 5 years of experience in efficiency programs, technical engineering field or project management with emphasis on energy efficiency or renewables.
- 2 year experience managing complex contracts.
- Experience with complex manufacturing or agricultural equipment and systems, work with Trade Allies to deliver energy savings and/ or Industrial efficiency program management experience is desired.
- Demonstrated experience successfully leading teams, managing contractor networks and directly supervising staff.
- Knowledge of energy technologies and principles of energy analyses preferred
- Experience in all phases of hiring and managing contractors, from internal approval of funding, writing scopes of work, soliciting bids, negotiating and finalizing contracts, to managing the execution of the contract.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word software applications.
- Strong analytical, writing, and communications skills.
- Experience working on multiple team-based initiatives.
- Strong interpersonal and contractor personnel management skills.
The above information is designed to outline the functions and position requirements of this job. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected, nor address the performance standards that must be maintained.
- Salary commensurate with skill and experience.
- Competitive benefits package.
- Applications accepted until position is filled.
Attn: Program Manager Industrial and Agriculture
Energy Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer that highly values diversity and inclusion in the workplace. www.energytrust.org/about/careers/