The Institute for Market Transformation (IMT) is a mission-driven leader at the forefront of market-based solutions to today’s climate and energy challenges. IMT seeks a Senior Associate for Strategic Services to provide support for the day to day operations of the organization. The Senior Associate will work closely with the Manager of Accounting and the Development Team. This position requires strong organizational skills, attention to detail and the ability to multitask.
- Work closely with the Manager for Accounting to create and maintain processes enabling IMT to achieve its strategic plan and goals
- Work closely with Program staff to support federal and foundation grant reporting, including financial reports to funders
- Work with project leads to track and review all incoming invoices for accuracy
- Maintain up-to-date budget templates and other internal financial tools
- Maintain electronic documents such as final project budgets, contracts, financial reports, and other related financial records
- Coordinate with the Development team to reconcile database of records for grants and contracts
- Provide additional support on contracts
- Support program and fundraising budget development; assist in review of budgets for accuracy
- Oversee information technology systems and vendors
- Track and resolve reimbursement requests. Respond to internal and external invoicing and billing inquiries
- Provide back-up support for monthly payroll processing.
- Assist with monthly financial statements, reports to funders and budget projections.
- Perform audit preparation and analysis as requested.
- Responsible for administrative tasks as assigned – for example maintaining supplies, serve as point of contact for building management, etc.
Qualifications and Skills
- Strong quantitative financial skills and attention to detail
- Fluency with Excel required. Fluency with QuickBooks a plus.
- Successful candidate will be results oriented and able to react to changing needs of a small organization
- Degree in accounting, business, or related field
- A strong interest in supporting a mission driven organization
- 5+ years’ experience in a relevant role are preferred
This is a senior associate position in a growing organization. IMT offers a competitive salary commensurate with experience as well as health, dental, retirement, and vacation benefits.
To apply, please email resume, cover letter, writing sample, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please write “Senior Associate Strategic Services” in the subject line.
About the Institute for Market Transformation
IMT is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization based in Washington, DC, with a mission to promote energy efficiency in buildings. Achieving that vision requires market transformation, a process of strategic intervention in the market to remove barriers to energy efficiency. We work in partnership with policymakers, environmental groups, and business leaders that are helping shape the future of energy efficiency in America. Our efforts contribute to important new policy outcomes and widespread changes in practice that benefit the economy and the environment. For more information, visit imt.org.
We are headquartered in downtown Washington, DC, a few blocks from the White House. We provide a vibrant, collaborative and flexible workplace that brings together diverse expertise. We empower our staff to constantly learn while achieving big things, and we have a great deal of fun along the way.
IMT values all types of diversity, including racial, ethnic, and gender diversity, and is committed to promoting and fostering diversity within our organization and Board of Directors. IMT is an equal opportunity employer.