The Fraunhofer Center for Sustainable Energy Systems (CSE) is looking for a Fellow in its Grid Integration Group to support development, integration, and testing of distributed energy resource systems, smart grid technologies, energy management algorithms, and devices. The individual will assist in expanding the group’s DER management software platform, and learn about the exciting opportunities in this area. The Fellow will report to the Grid Integration group lead.
We seek a talented individual with a strong background in software development, electrical engineering, and an interest in sustainable energy. The Fellow will be a key part of a dynamic team that shares a commitment to engineering excellence, combined with an excitement about sustainable energy technology.
- Support development of Fraunhofer’s Solar + Storage software control platform
- Develop Python applications that interact with distributed energy resources including but not limited to: Data Analysis; UI/UX; IoT; Data Acquisition; System Control Algorithms
- Support laboratory, field, and analytical evaluation of distributed energy systems and power systems such as Renewables, energy storage, demand management, and microgrids
- Document research results, and present in seminars
- Learn about the Smart Grid industry, and technical approaches to important energy problems
Experience and Education:
- Programming experience using Python
- Experience working in a Linux operating environment
- Experience with two or more of the following:
- Agent development on the VOLTTRON platform
- Embedded Systems
- Energy Management algorithms
- User Interfaces
- Mobile App development
- Database applications such as MonetDB, MySQL, SQL Server, PostgreSQL
- RESTful APIs and/or Web Socket APIs
- Industrial communication protocols used in distributed energy systems and power systems such as Modbus, IEC61850, DNP3, etc.
- Version control tools, such as Git
- Interest in Renewables and other grid interactive distributed generation technologies
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Master's Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or related field
Fraunhofer USA, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer of Individuals with disabilities, protected veterans and is a federal contractor.
About Fraunhofer CSE:
The Fraunhofer Center for Sustainable Energy Systems (CSE) in Boston, MA is a leading applied contract research and development laboratory supporting our society with the transition to a sustainable energy future. We invent and develop technologies that remove barriers to the large-scale commercialization of sustainable energy technologies. Fraunhofer CSE is part of Fraunhofer USA, a 501 (c) (3) non-profit contract R&D organization, affiliated with Fraunhofer Gesellschaft, Europe's largest contract R&D group. Our interdisciplinary R&D team is dedicated to serving the applied research needs of the sustainable energy industry, helping established industry players and startup companies alike develop clean energy technologies from the laboratory to the production line. The Center has active development projects in the areas of energy efficient buildings, photovoltaic technologies, and grid impact of renewable energy technologies. For additional information please view our website at http://cse.fraunhofer.org.