The Information Technology department is an important part of our growing company infrastructure and as a member of this team, you are critical to our success. Our IT group has an immediate need for a solid Manager of Information & Data Administration located in Spokane, Portland, Cincinnati, Atlanta, or Dallas.
This position manages all aspects of the IT Data department, which is responsible for the enterprise-wide design, implementation and management of the organization’s databases, corporate data warehouse, and various layers of the business intelligence and reporting stacks and processes in support of both internal and external customers.
• Oversee the design, implementation, and monitoring of all data structures, corporate data warehouse, and various layers of the business intelligence stack and reporting in support of internal and external customers.
• Perform personnel management tasks including but not limited to recruiting top talents, hiring, performance reviews, employee career development, timekeeping, job descriptions, salary classification, and vacation time management, etc.
• Maintain a core workforce of highly talented and motivated technical professionals, trained in appropriate databases, data warehousing, business intelligence, and storage technologies. Workforce should also maintain expertise in the Ecova business domain.
• Manage a lean budget in line with department & corporate financial goals & guidelines.
• Define the data team strategy, tactics, and a roadmap in support of the corporate & customers’ data, business Intelligence, and reporting needs.
• Maintain overall database security access and ensure that database backup processes are in place for recovery purposes.
• Develop and maintain relationships with hardware and software vendors to ensure value in purchases to support the databases, data warehouse, the business intelligence environment.
• Ensure Data Team’s priorities are in continual alignment with business goals and objectives.
• Ensure the availability of Development, QA and Production database environments to support the business and ongoing development efforts.
• Ensure Databases, data warehousing, and the business intelligence & reporting solutions meet stated customer and business requirements, are readily scalable to support business growth, and are delivered on time and within budget.
• Ensure that new data requirements and data structures to support business initiatives are documented and maintained.
• Prepare departmental goals and ensure they are met.
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent field.
• Minimum of 10 years’ experience in technology management
• Expertise in design & maintenance of databases, data warehousing, business intelligence, data architecting, modeling and reporting experience.
• Strong familiarity with Microsoft SQL database management systems, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, and other BI layers & services
• Strong familiarity with Microsoft SharePoint, Excel Web Services, Performance Point, and Power Pivot required
• Strong familiarity with Informatica ETL recommended
• Expertise in project management
• Minimum of 10 years combined experience in Data Administration management in a matrix style organization.
• Experience working in an Agile environment
• Minimum of 10 years experience in technology management
• Expertise in project management.
• Excellent interpersonal skills.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Our salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience. We are a performance-based culture and have goal-based incentive programs and generous employee benefits. Our comprehensive benefit package includes medical, dental, vision insurance, life, AD&D, short- and long-term disability insurance. We also offer flexible spending accounts and 401(k) with a generous employer match.
Ecova is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation or preference, religion, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or physical or mental disability.
To learn more about Ecova and to apply online, please go to: http://www.ecova.com/about-us/careers.aspx.