The Market Strategies Internship is a 30 hour/week position for September-December 2012 that supports NEEP’s programs and projects to accelerate the market adoption of high efficiency lighting and consumer electronics for the residential sector.
The position focuses particularly on research to track the status of residential energy efficiency programs and policies across the Northeast; development and maintenance of NEEP’s online high efficiency product resource centers and assistance with related social media tools; and administrative support for NEEP’s project manager to maintain effective stakeholder processes. Based in NEEP’s Lexington, Massachusetts office, the Intern reports to NEEP’s Residential Program Manager for Market Strategies. Detailed Intern responsibilities are outlined on the following page.
This is a paid position for 30 hours/week (with some flexibility) and can work well as a work-study position. Start and end dates are flexible based on the selected applicant’s availability. We encourage student applicants who may be able to receive class credit for their work at NEEP.
Research and Analysis
• Collaborate with other NEEP staff to collect/track information regarding state, regional and national programs and policies relative to NEEP’s Residential Lighting and Consumer Electronics Program areas
• Conduct analysis and report on collected information (e.g., budgets and other key trends)
• Research status of relevant trade ally (e.g., high efficiency product manufacturers) activities and coordinate with industry stakeholders to maintain an up-to-date Trade Ally Directory Prepare summary reports on key data and information to inform NEEP’s residential program strategies and recommendations
Online Resource Center Development/Maintenance and Social Media Assistance
• Plan, organize, conduct research, and develop content for an online Consumer Electronics Resource Center—part of NEEP’s updated website
• Update and develop additional content for the online Residential Lighting Resource Center
• Assist preparation, posting, and maintenance of Resource Center content
• Assist preparation of relevant content for media and social media coverage
Project Management Assistance
• Attend project teleconferences/meetings/events to assist logistics and take notes
• Compile information for project management updates and reports
• Assist with communications to project committee members (e.g., meeting notices, responses to requests, data collection)
• Listen to and take notes on relevant webinars/teleconferences/meetings/events and provide summaries to NEEP staff
• Proof read and/or prepare documents and reports
• Update contacts lists including assistance to populate and maintain NEEP’s Customer Relationship Management Database
• Utilize quarterly reports to provide frequent reporting/updating to website and other outreach
• Regular verbal and written communications with sponsors and partners for general projects
The Intern may take on other tasks based on Program needs and the Intern’s interest and ability.
• Undergraduate or Graduate student in related discipline (e.g., public policy and administration; management; environmental studies) preferred
• Research and analysis experience necessary; marketing/communications experience an asset
• Excellent verbal and written communications skills
• Ability to take direction, work independently, and coordinate work with others
• Strong organizational, project management, and critical thinking skills
• Proficient use of Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint, website portals and social media
• Ability to advocate for NEEP’s mission and vision
Email ASAP cover letter outlining your educational interests and compatibility to NEEP’s mission along with resume and short writing sample of communications/marketing nature to Linda Malik, Residential Program Manager at email@example.com with a copy to Bob McTighe, Director of Financial & Administrative Services at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEEP was founded in 1996 as a 501(c)(3) not-for-profit to serve the Northeast and Mid-Atlantic region to accelerate energy efficiency in the building sector through public policy, program strategies, and education. Over the past 15 years, NEEP has successfully positioned the Northeast as a leader in energy efficiency, heading regional and national efforts to create lasting change in the market for energy efficient products, services, and best practices. We achieve our mission through partnerships with a wide range of stakeholders in our field.
With an annual budget of $6 million and an experienced staff of twenty-two professionals (Directors, Managers and Associates), our work is supported by states, utilities, federal agencies, and private foundations. Our Board of Directors includes committed leaders for energy efficiency across the region.
NEEP is committed to a policy of non discrimination and equal opportunity for all employees and qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, age, national origin, and physical or mental disability. We apply this policy to assure non discriminatory practices in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion, compensation, benefits and all other activities.