Graduate study and research fellowship opportunities (MS and PhD) available at the Science, Technology and Environmental Policy (STEP) program at the Humphrey School of Public Affairs, University of Minnesota.
We offer a vibrant interdisciplinary graduate program connecting science and engineering with sustainability system analysis and public policy to address some of society's most pressing challenges.
Research areas and associated faculty members:
- Energy and Climate Policy (Elizabeth Wilson, Gabe Chan)
- Sustainable Infrastructure and Cities (Anu Ramaswami, and a Network of Researchers)
- Technology Innovation and Policy (Gabe Chan, Steve Kelley)
- Urban Water and Food Systems (Anu Ramaswami, Mark Reiner)
- Risk and Resilience (Peter Calow, Kathy Quick)
New research grants to our program offer fellowship opportunities for incoming graduate students. For example, see: www.sustainablehealthycities.org
Our MS Program is specifically designed for science and engineering graduates and professionals with an interest in environmental policy, sustainability systems management, and community engagement. Seeking students and professionals who are considering going to graduate school, and would thrive in this interdisciplinary setting.