WECC is a national leader in the design and implementation of award-winning energy savings programs for utilities, municipalities and regulators across the U.S.
Under general direction, the Program Manager supports the implementation of utility funded prescriptive and custom programs for WECC. This role is responsible for ensuring that program goals and budgets are achieved as outlined by the Senior Program Manager.
1. Support the implementation of programs.
• Work with the Senior Program Manager, Client Services Director and implementation contractor(s) and define program objectives and deliverables.
• Ensure goal attainment is being met and inform Senior Program Manager and Client Services Director of any potential shortcoming in goal attainment, reason for the shortcoming and suggestions for improvement.
• Develop project implementation plans and timelines, and communicate deliverables to program staff; develop tools to track progress.
• Provide day-to-day management of implementation contractor (if any) monitoring progress toward contract goals and objectives and adjusting implementation plans as needed.
• Attend weekly meeting with and support any process changes/items needed.
2. Lead Program Implementation
• Develop detailed project implementation and marketing plans in consultation with WECC staff, utility sponsors, and program staff.
• Communicate implementation plans to program staff and oversee their work.
• Track progress toward program goals and adjust implementation plans as necessary to achieve them.
• Track program budgets and adjust implementation plans/work flow as necessary to accommodate them.
• Ensure promotional materials are developed, prepared, distributed and delivered.
3. Work with Client Services Director to develop program strategies.
• Work with the Client Services Director to develop common service platform (standards, best practices, feedback mechanisms) across all Programs while maintaining as much consistency as possible with other WECC Programs. Manage improvement efforts aimed at identifying the facilitating process, program design, and quality assurance improvements on a continual basis to adjust to changing market conditions.
• Communicate with other team members and clients in order to execute new strategy.
• Create and maintain process and procedures manual.
• Work with IT as needed and as determined as cost-effective.
4. Serve as Primary Contact for Utility Sponsors
• Maintain working relationships with utility sponsors.
• Coordinate day to day communications with sponsors.
• Manage client expectations with regard to program delivery timelines, progress and outcome.
• Solicit client input with respect to their needs, concerns, questions and ideas and coordinate program planning with them.
• Collaborate with WECC staff to identify proactive strategies for addressing client needs through existing or modified program service.
• Complete written progress reports for sponsors and supervisors.
• Conduct meetings and conference calls with sponsors when necessary to coordinate activities and deliver progress reports.
• Manage contracts with sponsors to ensure they are current.
• Monitor program finances and goal attainment.
• Approve monthly subcontractor and client invoices.
5. These responsibilities are not all inclusive and other duties may be assigned from time to time.
1. Bachelor’s degree. Experience in Business, Energy Analysis or Policy, or related field.
2. Three to five years professional experience working with the commercial/industrial new construction market.
3. Three to five years previous account management experience.
4. Strong interpersonal skills, including comfort with persuasive communications.
5. Previous experience with public speaking and strong presentation skills.
6. A track record of working effectively and professionally in a team environment with a variety of technical and non-technical co-workers and subcontractors.
7. Ability to assess, understand, and meet client needs, and effectively represent those assessments in written proposals.
8. Proficiency using MS Office software.
Please apply online at www.weccusa.org