At MEEA, we leverage our unique position as the Midwest’s key champion and trusted information resource on energy efficiency policies and programs to help our members and stakeholders identify, understand and implement cost-effective energy efficiency strategies that provide economic and environmental benefits. As a collaborative network and an influential membership organization spanning thirteen states, we provide a professional forum where energy providers, policymakers, implementers, manufacturers, advocates, and other stakeholders can make connections, seek advice and learn about energy efficiency. With our dynamic annual conference, MEEA plays an important role in forging partnerships, promoting new technologies and curating the evolving conversation around economic sustainability and environmental stewardship from energy efficiency.
The Policy Associate plays an integral role in advancing MEEA’s policy activities at the local, state and regional levels. The position will conduct research and analysis on best practices in energy efficiency program design and policy. The Policy Associate will conduct outreach and education to policymakers and other stakeholders to convey the economic and environmental value of energy efficiency and position MEEA staff as subject matter experts in the field. Administrative tasks including organizing webinars, updating the website, and completing internal reporting will be assigned to the Policy Associate to support the work of the entire Policy team. The Policy Associate will be responsible for coordination with other areas of MEEA, including Membership, Marketing, and Programs. Developing and maintaining relationships – both internally and externally – that advance the work of the Midwest Energy Efficiency Alliance will be a requirement of the position. The Policy Associate will report to MEEA’s Senior Policy Manager.
In addition to the key responsibilities described above, the Policy Associate would be responsible for the following:
- Develop fact sheets, policy memos, testimony, public comments, white papers and other advocacy materials, as needed
- Track regulatory and policy developments in MEEA’s 13-state region and help disseminate this information through MEEA’s policy newsletter
- Assist in coordinating educational and outreach events to increase awareness and understanding of energy policy and the role of energy efficiency
- Write articles, blog posts and use social media to promote MEEA’s mission
- Data entry and organization for MEEA’s research projects
- Passion for policy advocacy, plus a commitment to energy efficiency and environmental issues
- B.A. or B.S. in public policy, political science, or a related field; advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 2 years of experience in public policy required, with knowledge of the energy industry preferred
- History of strong project management experience with proven success with meeting deadlines and the ability of adapt to shifting priorities
- Strong facilitation and coalition building skills among diverse stakeholders
- Strong oral and written presentation skills
- Ability to work as a member of a team in a small-office environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Passion for energy efficiency
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time
MEEA offers a competitive employment package with salary commensurate with experience.
Civic Opera Building
20 N Wacker Dr.
Chicago, IL 60606
Submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com with Subject: “Policy Associate” by November 26, 2017.
Candidates who do not submit all three items will not be considered. Candidates considered for interviews will be asked to provide writing samples and three references. No phone calls please.
MEEA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination with regard to race, sex, gender, color, age, religion, creed, class, sexual orientation, national origin, and disability.