The PUC is currently seeking a well-qualified candidate for a supervisory management, Principal Executive Manager E, Rates and Accounting Program Manager, position in the Utility Program's Energy Rates, Finance and Audit Division. This is a State of Oregon Management Service Supervisory (MMS), exempt position.
The Utility Program's Energy Rates, Finance, and Audit Division (Energy RFAD) conducts quantitative and policy analysis to develop recommendations on energy-utility matters such as utility proposals to raise rates through a general rate filing. Specifically, the staff in this section are responsible for conducting complex and comprehensive audits of utility books and records to ensure accuracy of the organizations financial records and the prudence of costs incurred. The Energy RFAD also reviews utility applications to; sell utility property, issue long-term securities to finance power plant construction and other facility investment needs, enter into contracts with affiliated interests, set rates for a specific service schedule, request deferral of unexpected large cost events for later recovery, and join organized transmission markets such as the California Independent System Operator.
The Rates and Accounting Program Manager will lead a staff of six professional staff in the review of accounting, financial, and auditing matters pertaining to electric and natural gas utilities. This will include analysis of utility rate filings, utility deferred accounting filings, affiliated interest filings, property transfer applications, annual affiliated interest reports, results of operations reports, earnings review, code of conduct issues, and the evaluation of other diversification issues.
Major duties include:
PUC is looking for successful candidates for this position who possess some or all of the following skills:
- An advanced degree in: Accounting, Auditing, Economics, or Finance.
- Professional-level work experience with an electric or natural gas utility, a state public utility commission, a utility consumer advocate organization, a department of energy, or other closely related employer in an energy field.
- Professional-level work experience leading analysis and review of utility general rate applications.
- Professional-level work experience leading analysis and review of utility purchased gas adjustment applications.
- Professional-level work experience leading analysis and review of utility power cost applications.
Professional-level work experience conducting financial audits.
To view this opening or other current openings at the PUC, visit our website at: www.puc.state.or.us and click on “Jobs at PUC.”
The Oregon Public Utility Commission is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer Committed to Workforce Diversity.