At MEEA, we leverage our unique position as the Midwest’s key energy efficiency champion and trusted information resource to promote forward looking policies and programs throughout the Midwest. We use our experience and expertise to help our members and other energy sector stakeholders, identify, understand and implement cost-effective energy efficiency strategies that provide economic and environmental benefits. As a collaborative network and an influential membership organization spanning thirteen states, we provide a professional forum where energy providers, policymakers, implementers, manufacturers, advocates and other stakeholders can make connections, seek advice and learn about energy efficiency. With our deep understanding of the issues and our dynamic annual conference, MEEA plays an important role in forging partnerships, promoting new technologies and curating the evolving conversation around economic sustainability and environmental stewardship from energy efficiency.
MEEA seeks a passionate individual who understands both the importance of strong building efficiency policies and how to effectively administer programs implementing those policies. We offer a highly collaborative environment, where the Senior Building Policy Associate will join the Building Policy Team in advancing MEEA’s building policy and program initiatives at the statewide level.
The focus of the Senior Building Policy Associate’s work will be assisting the Building Policy Team with the design, administration and analysis of innovative building policy and program initiatives. The goal of these initiatives is to advance energy code compliance in new residential and commercial buildings. The Senior Building Policy Associate will coordinate with other MEEA staff who work on building-related energy efficiency programs, will represent MEEA at local, regional and national conferences, and will develop and maintain relationships with outside organizations in order to advance the work of MEEA.
In addition to the key responsibilities described above, the Senior Building Policy Associate would be responsible for performing, or assisting with, the following tasks:
- Developing fact sheets, testimony and other advocacy materials
- Developing and giving presentations regarding the program
- Facilitating stakeholder meetings
- Developing reports and other communications with program sponsors
- Coordinating educational and outreach activities to increase awareness and understanding of building energy policy and programs
- Writing articles, blog posts and using social media to promote MEEA’s mission
- Performing data entry and other administrative/organizational tasks
- Travelling regionally as required
- B.A or B.S. required in one of the following, or related field: engineering, building science, architecture, planning, environmental science, public policy, political science, natural resources management. Advanced degree a plus.
- Excellent organizational, writing, communication and public speaking skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite
- Experience with project management software
- Ability to simultaneously manage multiple tasks and responsibilities
- Ability to maintain a high attention to detail while adapting to shifting priorities
- Dedicated employee willing to work as a member of a team in an open-office environment
- Understanding of building science principles
- Flexible and adaptable to new program needs in a shifting environment
- Passion for improving the energy efficiency of new commercial and residential buildings
- Minimum 2 years of experience in engineering/architecture, building science or public policy, with experience in energy efficiency, preferred
- Experience with utility energy efficiency programs, commercial and residential building design and construction, or HVAC systems, a plus
- Ability to travel overnight approximately 10% of the time
MEEA offers a competitive employment package with salary commensurate with experience.
Civic Opera Building
20 N Wacker Dr.
Chicago, IL 60606
Submit cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com with Subject: “Senior Building Policy Associate”. Candidates who do not submit all three items will not be considered. Candidates considered for interviews will be asked to provide writing samples and three references. No phone calls please.
MEEA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination with regard to race, sex, gender, color, age, religion, creed, class, sexual orientation, national origin and disability.