About Optimal Energy Inc.
Optimal Energy — an energy resources consulting firm — is looking to fill a Senior Consultant position. Optimal Energy provides strategic planning, program and portfolio development, implementation support, evaluation, and technical research in the fields of energy efficiency and renewable energy. Optimal Energy’s clients include utilities, efficiency program administrators, commercial and industrial businesses, government and non-profit organizations.
The Senior Consultant performs complex research and analysis in support of a variety of energy efficiency and renewable energy projects, whether independently or in support of other project managers. He or she will often be fully responsible for effective and timely production of final project deliverables. The Senior Consultant will interact with clients, contribute to client management, and manage other Optimal Energy staff.
• Research, analyze and design energy efficiency or renewable energy programs and strategies
• Develop and advise clients on effective implementation of energy efficiency programs
• Perform economic analysis, including cost-benefit analysis, of energy resources
• Manage projects, tasks, staff and subcontractors to produce deliverables on time and on budget
• Assist in marketing Optimal Energy’s consulting services, particularly through development of project proposals and budgets
• Identify and recruit prospective clients and maintain on-going client interaction
• Bachelor’s degree in business, economics, marketing, engineering, public policy or other related field
• Four years minimum experience with energy efficiency and/or renewable energy programs
• Extensive knowledge of the latest energy-efficiency and renewable energy technologies, practices and programs
• Excellent analytical, written and oral communication skills
• Facility with techniques of economic analysis
• Solid organizational skills and the ability to handle multiple competing priorities and deadlines
• Excellent math and computer skills
• Knowledge of energy efficient lighting technologies and efficient lighting program design a plus
What We Offer
• Competitive salaries, commensurate with experience
• Excellent opportunity for growth and advancement
• Generous retirement plan; fully-funded health, dental, disability and life insurance
• An excellent work environment in Bristol, Vermont, 45 minutes south of Burlington
Submit a cover letter and resume to email@example.com