Senior Energy Procurement Managers provide energy procurement consulting to Ecova strategic-level clients. Through deep domain expertise, they independently build strong relationships based on gaining trust and understanding of each client they serve.
• Provide energy procurement consulting services to each assigned client; including, but not limited to: RFP development, market assessment, risk management, strategy development, contract negotiation, contract management, and product management.
• Independently develop and maintain high-level contacts within a client organization.
• Demonstrate an authoritative and consultative approach that builds support within the highest levels of a client organization.
• Develop and implement complex energy procurement and risk management strategies.
• Maintain thorough knowledge and understanding of assigned regulatory markets.
• Meet regularly with clients, including in-person visits and teleconferences.
• Develop strategies that include complex purchasing options, i.e. heat rate, portfolio approaches, block/index, etc.
• Communicate with utilities, local distribution companies, and public utility commissions to gather timely, accurate, and complete energy market intelligence.
• Assist in development of new energy procurement products and marketing materials.
• Explain and educate clients on difficult energy market dynamics and metrics.
• Four years of energy procurement experience, either buying or selling retail energy.
• Four-year college degree strongly preferred.
• Ability to work independently within the highest levels of a client organization, including “C” level.
• Experience and expertise in all deregulated energy markets.
• Authoritative, consultative approach with the ability to explain and educate difficult market concepts.
• Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
• Intermediate MS Excel and Word skill level required.
• Must be detail oriented, flexible, adaptable and self-motivated.
• Skill in analyzing and interpreting utility and tariff data.
• Thorough working knowledge of PUC and utility rules, regulations and tariffs.
• Utility experience or knowledge of utility bill calculations.
• Ability to handle deadlines and high stress situations on a periodic basis.
• Must be able to travel regularly to client locations.
Our salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience. We are a performance-based culture and have goal-based incentive programs and generous employee benefits. Our comprehensive benefit package includes medical, dental, vision insurance, life, AD&D, short- and long-term disability insurance. We also offer flexible spending accounts and 401(k) with a generous employer match.
Ecova is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation or preference, religion, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or physical or mental disability.
To learn more about Ecova and to apply online, please go to: http://www.ecova.com/about-us/careers.aspx.