The Finance Team is part of a larger shared services group serving the financial needs of Ecova and all of its subsidiaries. As a member of this team, you will be critical to the success of Ecova. Our Finance department has an immediate need for a SOX Specialist located in our Spokane, WA headquarters.
In this role, you will experience all the benefits of working for a fast-paced, entrepreneurial company while having a broad impact on energy efficiency initiatives. You will develop working relationships with colleagues who have a shared vision for the company’s direction. Ecova creates an environment for individuals who want to impact the future of energy efficiency while growing their own skills and capabilities.
The SOX Specialist will lead the Finance initiative to bring the company into compliance in connection with the requirements for having publicly traded debt or equity.
• Perform the mapping of key processes with flowcharts and narrative descriptions
• Prepare the documentation of internal control processes
• Assist in remediation of deficiencies in internal controls
• Implementation of short term, quick impact solutions which help streamline work flow, data capture and controls in connection with Sarbanes-Oxley 404 objectives.
• Assist in identification of longer term strategy for improving accounting processes and controls in connection with the Section 404.
• Assist in providing training on internal controls.
• Coordinate with accounting functional leads regarding implementation of process changes
• Work with process owners to develop, implement and maintain process manuals
• Serve as liaison between Finance, Audit, Compliance and other departments regarding Section 404 controls
• Requires Bachelor’s Degree with emphasis in Finance or Accounting or Information Systems.
• 4 years’ direct working knowledge of GAAP and Section 404.
• Project Management certification preferred.
• Minimum of 5 years accounting experience with a publically traded company required.
• 5 years experience working with Finance/Accounting systems and processes including experience in implementation of processes.
• 4 years experience working directly with Section 404 controls
• 4 years experience with internal control concepts and experience in applying them to plan, perform, manage and report on the evaluation of various business processes/areas/functions.
• Understanding of internal auditing standards, COSO and risk assessment practices.
• Ability to work closely with process owners in the development and implementation of controls.
• Proficient in various office applications including Excel, Word, Power Point and Visio or equivalent.
• Must be organized, detail-oriented, analytical, able to work well under deadlines in a changing environment, and able to perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently.
• Possess the ability to self-motivate and take initiative with minimal supervision.
• Must possess and demonstrate high degree of integrity
• Ability to work with to work in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
Our salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience. We are a performance-based culture and have goal-based incentive programs and generous employee benefits. Our comprehensive benefit package includes medical, dental, vision insurance, life, AD&D, short- and long-term disability insurance. We also offer flexible spending accounts and 401(k) with a generous employer match.
Ecova is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation or preference, religion, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or physical or mental disability.
To learn more about Ecova and to apply online, please go to: http://www.ecova.com/about-us/careers.aspx.