The Carbon and Sustainability Team leverages Ecova’s utility bill payment and energy management foundation to provide holistic carbon and sustainability consulting services to our many Fortune 1000 customers. Our interest lies in expanding our clients’ appreciation of the opportunities in, and interconnections between, the varied aspect of carbon and sustainability management. To realize this goal, we provide executive level strategic planning, carbon accounting and reporting, internal training and communications, and custom sustainability services. In addition, we are currently incubating expanded waste management and product carbon footprinting/life cycle assessment services.
Our rapidly growing team continues to expand Ecova’s carbon and sustainability offerings with the goal of increasing the speed by which our clients realize environmental impact reductions and associated financial benefits. The team has an immediate need for Supervisor, Waste Consulting located in our Seattle, WA office.
• Foster and support a spirit of teamwork to build employee commitment and enthusiasm for the success of the team and our business. Works with employees to improve performance, provides ongoing feedback, and develops plans with employees to identify career development opportunities.
• Supervises the administrative and human resources needs of the team, such as, approving time entry for payroll, schedules and one-leave requests. Regarded as first level escalation point for assigned team members with respect to inter-team issue resolution of minor complexity. Escalates significantly complex inter-team issue resolution to department Manager.
• Coordinate workflow to gain optimum quality and efficiency. Identify opportunities for process improvements, and recommend changes as appropriate. May be asked to implement workflow changes as directed.
• Act as a “go-to” technical and systems resource for team members. Provides mentorship to assigned team members.
• Monitor daily queues, and work with Manager(s) to allocate resources to assure work is completed in a timely fashion and according to contract deliverables.
• Responsible for assigned team report development and metrics reporting as assigned.
• Communicate daily goals and monitor individual work performance toward those goals. Assists Manager in ensuring employees are meeting expected levels of quality, quantity and client-satisfaction measures. Monitor measurements, and provide feedback on results to Manager and employees as directed by Manager.
• Coordinate resolution with IT staff in the event of system issues.
• Is responsible for the annual performance evaluation of employees, salary and reward recommendations, and ensures corrective action is executed in a manner consistent with Ecova guidelines.
• Assist in selection process and training of new hires, and employees transitioning into new positions.
• Carry out other responsibilities and/or projects as assigned.
• High School diploma or completed GED required.
• Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Economics, Finance, Engineering or relevant degree strongly preferred.
• Minimum 2 years leadership experience within a team or organization required.
• 2-3 years supervisory experience preferred.
• Strong computer skills, including Excel spreadsheet experience.
• Demonstrated excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
• A desire to exceed client expectations, and improve quality and process within our business.
• A highly collaborative work style as demonstrated through team interactions.
• Knowledge of specific customer/client requirements and the possible set of Ecova products and/or services that they may have purchased.
• Exceptional time-management, planning and organizational skills.
Our salaries are competitive and commensurate with experience. We are a performance-based culture and have goal-based incentive programs and generous employee benefits. Our comprehensive benefit package includes medical, dental, vision insurance, life, AD&D, short- and long-term disability insurance. We also offer flexible spending accounts and 401(k) with a generous employer match.
Ecova is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation or preference, religion, marital status, citizenship, veteran status, or physical or mental disability.
To learn more about Ecova and to apply online, please go to: http://www.ecova.com/about-us/careers.aspx.