About Customer & Operational Services
Southern California Edison’s (SCE’s) Customer Service Organizational Unit (CS) shares the responsibility to safely deliver reliable, affordable electricity to our customers. We support this effort by working to meet customer expectations. Customer Service is dedicated to operational excellence and innovative thinking through our workforce in our call center, field operations, billing and payment center, outage and demand-side management and other service offerings.
The position will serve the growing needs for embedded and innovative evaluation planning for SCE’s strategic energy efficiency, demand response, and other distributed energy resources programs. SCE and statewide DSM programs are being restructured to meet California’s aggressive GHG and energy efficiency targets (eg. SB 350, AB802, AB793) as well as in support of grid reliability needs. The position will be responsible for contributing to development of strategic plans and management of evaluations of SCE’s innovative programs and services in support of the company and public policy targets. The evaluations determine program and policy effectiveness and support strategic direction for DSM based on data and evaluation activities. The internal evaluations support are aimed to help improve the design, targeting and performance of new programs and other strategic products/program pilots designed to guide customers towards new behaviors aimed at enabling customer choices in the way they use energy.
Essential job duties for the Senior Project Manager are:
- Act as a key consultant to the senior manager of Measurement & Evaluation and support the group’s objectives of providing research-based insights and guidance for programs and products.
- Provide technical leadership and guidance to two – three junior project managers on their respective projects, including research planning, EM&V analysis and support, as well as market and customer analysis.
- Manage the development of evaluation priorities with a focus on developing a holistic framework for best use of information and data being generated from disparate studies and identifying opportunities for optimizing EM&V resources.
- Address the need for a coherent choice of measurements across administration of integrated DSM resources using new data sources and methods.
- Responsible for the overall coordination, development and implementation of innovative EM&V methods, including net energy meter based (NMEC) methodologies.
- Provide strategic direction and recommendations regarding changing policies and impact on EM&V. Perform evaluation on issues that have a major impact on the department, other departments, and the Company.
- Lead ad hoc special projects as needed.
- Master’s or PHD degree in economics, business, finance, engineering, social sciences or a related field.
- 5 or more years of Analytical experience.
- 5 or more years of Strategic Project Management experience.
- Strong knowledge of Evaluation, Measurement & Verification (EM&V) processes, stakeholder issues and underlying policies.
- In-depth understanding of all types of DSM evaluations as well as Californian Evaluation, Measurement & Verification (EM&V) policies and framework.
- He/she must understand and be able to strategically analyze the internal and external conditions that have an impact on the company’s short term and long-term DSM plans.
- This individual must have demonstrated ability to gather, understand, integrate, and synthesize complex information in order to develop innovative solutions, make recommendations, and propose action plans.
- The candidate must have an ability to consult with key stakeholders, provide direction, and make strategic decisions regarding changing project scope, policy, development, implementation, and quality control.
- This position requires an ability to communicate ideas and information effectively through oral presentations and written communications to diverse audiences.
- Conflict management and negotiation skills are also a requirement.
- The successful candidate must have excellent interpersonal skills to interface with all levels of employees including senior management and executives within SCE and at other utilities and regulatory agencies.
- Prefer experience in the electric or gas utility.