Location: Boston, MA
About the Position:
Fraunhofer CSE seeks an outstanding candidate to support early-stage energy startups’ commercialization efforts through the TechBridge Program. The TechBridge Program Lead will lead the program, develop new program opportunities and future business contracts, and will oversee execution of project work. The ideal candidate will exercise fluidity across technical and business domains and excel in communication, technology assessment, project management, and managing client relationships.
- Actively engage in the energy ecosystem and represent TechBridge at startup and energy innovation related events and conferences
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships with new and existing clients
- Acquire funding for TechBridge projects from commercial clients
- Participate in discussions with external stakeholders about technology commercialization models and develop successful proposals to secure government support
- Oversee administrative aspects of the TechBridge Program, including metrics monitoring, reporting, budgeting, and resource planning.
- Lead management and support execution of existing TechBridge projects (e.g. TechBridge Challenges), coordinating across clients, startup companies, TechBridge team, and Fraunhofer research groups to deliver high quality work
- Manage day-to-day activities of TechBridge Program, including reviewing and guiding work product, developing client deliverables, market research and analysis of program’s performance
- Edit and prepare reports and presentations for stakeholders
- Develop relevant marketing material with the Marketing Team
- Highly technically-minded, with the ability to quickly grasp new technical concepts and assess them
- Capable of developing new partnerships and client opportunities
- Able to interface professionally with clients, with an intuitive ability to navigate professional and business interactions among multiple stakeholders
- Highly motivated to drive projects to completion with efficiency and quality
- Exceptional interpersonal, communication, and writing skills
- Self-starter, comfortable working autonomously toward self-arranged goals
- Well-connected in Boston’s and the US’s entrepreneurial and energy ecosystems
- Able to juggle multiple disparate projects simultaneously
- Basic fluency and interest in energy technology, energy finance, and technology commercialization domains
- Strong preference for technical degree (Master’s degree, PhD, MBA with a technical background)
- Preference for experience in client-facing roles
- Preference for industrial experience with energy technology development or deployment
- Preference for experience in market research and business plan development
About Fraunhofer CSE:
The Fraunhofer USA Center for Sustainable Energy Systems CSE is an applied research and development laboratory dedicated to building tomorrow’s energy future today. Our staff’s expertise in solar photovoltaics, smart energy-efficient buildings, and grid technologies provides a platform for deeply integrating distributed energy resources through collaborative R&D with private companies, government entities, and academic institutions. Fraunhofer CSE is one of seven centers of Fraunhofer USA, a 501(c)(3) non-profit contract R&D organization, a subsidiary of Fraunhofer Gesellschaft, Europe's largest contract R&D organization. More information can be found at: cse.fraunhofer.org.
About Fraunhofer TechBridge:
Launched at the Fraunhofer Center for Sustainable Energy Systems (CSE) in 2010, the Fraunhofer TechBridge program identifies and de-risks promising energy technologies out of the startup community. Through its industry-sponsored Challenges, TechBridge accelerates promising technologies by conducting targeted market-informed validation projects. By performing targeted technical searches and conducting validation and demonstration work, TechBridge helps innovative early-stage companies demonstrate their value to investors and industry. Previous projects have included prototyping, demonstration, modeling, and testing for technology developers. TechBridge awardees over the past four years have gone on to secure over $110M in follow-on funding. To learn more, visit cse.fraunhofer.org/TechBridge.