GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
The Communications & Outreach Coordinator is responsible for key project deliverables associated with short- and longer-term communication, outreach, customer service, marketing and reporting tasks and projects managed by Energy Trust’s Communications and Customer Service group (CCS). These deliverables require project planning, coordination, facilitation, writing, critical thinking and public presentation skills with a customer-service orientation. The Communications & Outreach Coordinator works with Energy Trust programs and contractors, CCS staff, customers, external organizations, communities, utilities and media representatives. The Communications & Outreach Coordinator also facilitates use of systems that allow for efficient tracking and management of outreach activities, media engagement, community events, memberships and sponsorships, data requests and reporting and utility collaboration. The Communications & Outreach Coordinator leads internal communication projects for the organization, participates on cross-team projects, contributes to community engagement activities and may represent Energy Trust at customer events.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate internal and external communication, outreach, marketing and customer service tasks and projects; apply project coordination skills by following project plans, convening teams and maintaining effective communication with team members.
- Facilitate or manage completion of deliverables associated with communications and outreach projects including general events management, community engagement activities, stakeholder relationship management data and initiatives, materials production and distribution, executive director presentations and outreach meetings. Coordinate with external contractors as needed to complete projects.
- Support outreach staff, and new and existing outreach initiatives and events designed to engage customers and stakeholders.
- Serve as the point of contact for initial media inquiries and release of information to the media. Follow established protocols for appropriate response, release and escalation of media inquiries to spokespersons, track results and share coverage. Distribute press releases and media advisories following an established process.
- Coordinate internal communications and project needs, including participating on cross-team projects, updating assigned SharePoint sites and content, and producing the Energy Trust internal newsletter; determine content, route for approval and design, and maintain on-time production schedules.
- Receive and process event and sponsorship requests and coordinate decision-making among appropriate parties; in consultation with the CCS Sr. Manager determine if Energy Trust is able to participate based on established guidelines and coordinate with Energy Trust representatives participating at events.
- Serve as a resource to the Communications Team and organization for gathering, researching, reviewing, explaining and providing access to organizational messaging, facts, results and data.
- Facilitate the use of tools that allow for efficient workflows and management of work including, but not limited to, events and sponsorships, public relations, customer stories and media consent, reporting communications, marketing materials review and budgeting.
- Coordinate, develop, write and deliver emails, newsletter and web content, PowerPoint presentations and other documents. Serve as a reviewer and support copy editing of other written materials.
- Attend Communications Team, Marketing Team, Outreach Team, CCS Group and other meetings as assigned, take notes and provide updates that facilitate coordination among the teams. Support scheduling of utility marketing and outreach collaboration meetings.
- Occasionally represent Energy Trust at outreach events engaging customers and communities, and train other staff and contractors to serve as Energy Trust representatives.
- Perform all functions of the job in a safe manner.
- This position has no supervisory responsibility, but may oversee the work of temporary staff assigned to CCS and external contractors.
- Bachelor’s degree and minimum two years of experience in communications, public relations, publishing or a position with project coordination responsibility – or equivalent experience – required.
- Ability to interface with all levels of an organization, independently and as a supportive, contributing team member.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills with ability to capture meeting content and produce accurate notes using a computer and other tools.
- Ability to effectively engage a diverse set of customers and stakeholders to share information and invite input, with strong interpersonal skills to support proactive engagement with the public in an outreach setting.
- Experience using databases including data entry, data quality and reporting, and reviewing data for communications purposes.
- Proven customer service orientation.
- Highly effective organization skills and ability to coordinate numerous projects.
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Experience with SharePoint a plus.
- Experience with a customer relationship management system or similar software is preferred.
The above information is designed to outline the functions and position requirements of this job. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected, nor address the performance standards that must be maintained.
- Salary commensurate with skill and experience.
- Competitive benefits package.
Attn: Communications & Outreach Coordinator
Energy Trust is an Equal Opportunity Employer that highly values diversity and inclusion
in the workplace. www.energytrust.org/about/careers/