At MEEA, we leverage our unique position as the Midwest’s key champion and trusted information resource on energy efficiency policies and programs to help our members and stakeholders identify, understand and implement cost-effective energy efficiency strategies that provide economic and environmental benefits. As a collaborative network and an influential membership organization spanning thirteen states, we provide a professional forum where energy providers, policymakers, implementers, manufacturers, advocates, and other stakeholders can make connections, seek advice and learn about energy efficiency. With our dynamic annual conference, MEEA plays an important role in forging partnerships, promoting new technologies and curating the evolving conversation around economic sustainability and environmental stewardship from energy efficiency.
MEEA seeks an exceptional individual who believes both in the importance of strong relationships between an organization and its members and knows how to build and maintain those connections. We offer a supportive, high-performing environment where you will have a significant voice in the membership program’s decisions and in your own development, and a culture that recognizes, develops and values great work.
We are looking for someone to support our membership, made up of over 160 organizational members. MEEA membership uniquely brings all stakeholders of the energy efficiency industry to further important conversations and business opportunities.
The Membership Associate will report to the Sr. Manager of Membership and Marketing and be responsible for the day to day administration of MEEA’s membership program.Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
- Assist in identifying prospects for membership, developing membership appeals and supporting outreach to prospective members
- Assist with the planning and coordination of membership cultivation activities and events
- Work with Sr. Marketing Associate on membership communications
- Manage the membership invoicing process including new and renewing member invoices and prepare directed membership communications
- Assist with the data integrity of the organization’s Constituent Relationship Management database and its use for membership development
- Participate in coordination of MEEA’s Annual Membership Meeting and other organizational and membership-related events
- Staff primary team responsible for MEEA’s annual conference, the Midwest Energy Solutions conference, and the annual Inspiring Efficiency Awards
- B.A or B.S. required in the field of business administration, communications, marketing or a related field
- At least one to two years related work experience in a professional environment (association or membership experience preferred, but not required)
- Excellent organizational, writing, communication and public speaking skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines while prioritizing competing responsibilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of self-sufficiency and initiative while also functioning as a member of a team in an open-office environment
- Outgoing, energetic, and positive team player willing to take initiative
- Ability to research and solve problems
- Passion for environmental issues, a plus
MEEA offers a competitive employment package with salary commensurate with experience.
Civic Opera Building
20 N Wacker Dr.
Chicago, IL 60606
Submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject Membership Associate. Candidates who do not submit all three items will not be considered. Candidates considered for interviews will be asked to provide writing samples and three references. No phone calls please.
MEEA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination with regard to race, sex, gender, color, age, religion, creed, class, sexual orientation, national origin, and disability.