GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
This position is responsible for timely and accurate payment of all vendor and incentive invoices according to company policies and contract terms through the full cycle of vendor file maintenance, invoice approval routing, exception management, and check signer communications. The Accounts Payable Accountant must communicate clearly with a broad range of vendors and internal managers and organize large volume of data and documentation. In addition, this position is the primary back up for payroll administration for the entire organization and will perform payroll administration as requested.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Process accounts payable invoices and incentive data integration, identifying and resolving any discrepancies, ensuring timely payment of Energy Trust obligations, and working with program directors and managers to ensure approvals and accurate account coding.
- Administer bi-weekly payroll as needed and requested. Review timesheets and payroll changes, and process payroll. Maintain journals and payroll reports. Maintain complete and accurate payroll files and records. Critically review and analyze federal, state, and local changes that may affect payroll and benefits and implement changes and systems as needed.
- Communicate issues, collaboratively solve intricate problems, recommend solutions, and generally act as the subject expert in a variety of issues related to invoices and incentive payments and corrections.
- Process payments, upload positive pay to bank site, and coordinate with check signers and program management contractors for check pickup.
- Coordinate with the Accounting Manager to manage cash availability and payment of obligations within terms.
- Gather applicable documentation and create new vendor accounts.
- Maintain accurate files of all Energy Trust payments.
- Ensure compliance with tax regulations involving payments to vendors and employee expense reimbursements.
- Provide staff training on invoice routing/coding process when needed.
- Document any changes/updates in procedures as necessary.
- Ensure that appropriate generally accepted accounting principles and organization policies are adhered to in the accounts payable function.
- Make recommendations to the accounting manager for improvements to financial and accounting processes, procedures, and policies.
- Continuously monitor effectiveness of internal controls and implement new controls, if applicable, surrounding accounts payable/purchasing, incentive processing, and program management contractors’ payment requests.
- Perform all functions of the job in a safe manner.
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or business administration preferred.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in accounts payable processes required.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience with payroll administration
- Strong working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles.
- Dynamics Great Plains and CRM system experience preferred.
- Strong Excel spreadsheet skills.
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word and Outlook.
- Experience (as a systems user) in database concepts.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Must be able to interact with a diverse workforce and be comfortable working in culturally diverse settings and groups.
- Excellent organizational skills.
The above information is designed to outline the functions and position requirements of this job. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected, nor address the performance standards that must be maintained.
- Salary commensurate with skills and experience.
- Competitive benefits package.
- Applications accepted until position is filled.
Qualified individuals please submit cover letter, resume, and application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Attn: Accounts Payable and Payroll Accountant
Energy Trust of Oregon is an equal opportunity employer that highly values diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
Energy Trust of Oregon is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to energy efficiency and renewable energy development. We serve Oregon customers of Portland General Electric, Pacific Power, NW Natural, Cascade Natural Gas, Avista and SW Washington customers of NW Natural. In 2017, Energy Trust was recognized as one of the 100 Best Nonprofits to Work For in Oregon.
Energy Trust is committed to the principles of diversity, equity and inclusion. We strive to create a culturally attentive organization by reaching out to diverse candidates who will contribute a range of perspectives, experiences, skills and ideas to how we work, our programs and our services to best serve, reach and reflect the rich diversity of the customers we serve.