Working to Create a Vibrant, Sustainable Future for the Northwest
Mobilizing the market toward energy efficiency is the most cost-effective way to meet our future energy needs. The Northwest Energy Efficiency Alliance (NEEA) is an alliance of more than 140 Northwest utilities and energy efficiency organizations working on behalf of more than 13 million energy consumers.
NEEA is dedicated to accelerating both electric and gas energy efficiency, leveraging its regional partnerships to advance the adoption of energy-efficient products, services and practices. Since 1997, NEEA and its partners have saved enough energy to power more than 700,000 homes each year. As the second largest resource in the Northwest, energy efficiency can offset most of our new demand for energy, saving money and keeping the Northwest a healthy and vibrant place to live.
The Sr. Program Manager is the business manager of one or more market transformation Programs that transform markets for energy efficient products, services and practices. The incumbent for this particular role will have a focus on Commercial Building programs. The Sr. Program Manager is responsible for assuring the overall design, planning, resourcing and execution of assigned Market Transformation Programs. The Sr. Program Manager coordinates, leads, and works cross-functionally while managing and creating critical market relationships to implement Market Transformation Programs and is accountable to deliver the associated business results.
Could This Be Your Dream Job?
Do you enjoy leading large projects and building something new from the group up? Does the prospect of working with smart colleagues and with new technologies helping to maneuver them into the market excite you? Are you the kind of person that isn’t afraid to dive right in to the middle and mix it up with teams of nationally recognized experts?
The Typical Day May Include…
- Oversee daily energy efficient program operations including; stakeholder management, internal/external reporting, leading internal teams, preparing Initiative Life Cycle documentation, developing product and implementation strategies, managing contractors and program budgets.
- Work proactively with internal and external strategic partners to build and deliver creative market intervention strategies
- Balance needs of a diverse group of stakeholders and industry partners including national retailers, manufacturers and distributors to achieve multi-year program goals and achieve market lift.
What Are You Good At?
Top performers will be excited about increasing availability and adoption of energy efficiency products by consumers and businesses across the Northwest region. You will enjoy thinking creatively to help build a business case that ultimately influences activity and builds a portfolio of new energy efficient products.
You Likely Have The Following Experience:
- The ability to systematically identify barriers, develop activities to address those barriers and implement the steps required to implement those activities.
- Experience analyzing data, identifying trends and making sound business decisions based on the findings.
- The intuition to identify how your stakeholders and partners want to be communicated with and utilizing those communications approaches. These may include: 1-on-1 conversations phone conversations, in-person meetings, newsletters, emails, web meetings, group presentations, emails, newsletters, and trainings.
Your Education, Experience, and Skills:
- A minimum of 5 - 7 years of experience managing complex programs in a cross-functional team environment. New product development experience a plus.
- BA/BS Degree with major course work in engineering, economics, or business; MBA or related degree a plus
- Experience managing programs comprised of multiple projects required.
- Strong investigative and exploratory skills.
- Able to prioritize competing demands from various internal and external clients.
- Experience applying quantitative and qualitative methods.
- Experience managing contracts and contractors to achieve project objectives required.
- Ability to do a combination of communications, coordination, documentation, and detailed technical work in a fast-paced environment. Experience managing remote project teams.
- Drives to good decisions with incomplete information; applies best practices in adaptive strategy and change management.
- Assesses progress toward clearly defined and articulated business objectives by maintaining a scorecard for each Program. Ensures market progress metrics and goals are set, tracked and reported for each Program.
- Experience and knowledge in one or more of NEEA’s strategic markets (consumer products; commercial buildings and systems; industrial and agricultural systems and practices) preferred.
- An equivalent combination of education, experience and training that would provide the knowledge, skills and abilities required for the successful performance of the essential job duties will also be considered.
Please follow this link to apply: http://neea.org/about-neea/careers