Energy Trust of Oregon is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to energy efficiency and renewable energy development. We serve Oregon customers of Portland General Electric, Pacific Power, NW Natural, Cascade Natural Gas and Avista. In 2016, Energy Trust was recognized as one of the 100 Best Nonprofits to Work For in Oregon.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
The Project Manager - Communications & Outreach is responsible for developing, managing, and delivering Energy Trust communications and outreach initiatives within the Communications and Customer Service Group.
This position will work closely with staff and contractors in the Communications and Customer Service Group (CCS) and across the organization to implement a variety of communications and outreach projects to support customer and stakeholder engagement efforts. The person in this position will be a skilled communicator, writer and copy editor with responsibility for managing and coordinating a variety of communications and outreach projects, including planning and implementing community engagement events and activities, planning and developing presentations and content for a broad range of communication opportunities, and crafting information and engagement processes for stakeholders. The Project Manager – Communications & Outreach will represent Energy Trust at community events and outreach activities. This position also enforces standards for written documentation, reports and collateral, and maintains Energy Trust style guidelines shaping all organizational and program marketing communications. As such, the Project Manager - Communications & Outreach serves as a resource for the production of accurate and consistent communications across the organization.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
* Develop, write, edit and/or deliver Energy Trust communications including reports, newsletters, web copy, presentations, press releases, fact sheets, case studies and other general communications projects and initiatives as assigned.
* Support fulfillment of external requests for information from media, government bodies, utilities, citizens and other organization stakeholders, collaborating with analysts in CCS, Programs, Planning and IT, and synthesizing information for written response documents.
* Collaborate with colleagues on strategies and content for communicating about Energy Trust purpose, results and program information.
* Develop, manage and support new and existing outreach initiatives designed to engage customers and stakeholders.
* Represent Energy Trust at outreach events engaging customers and communities, and identify/train other staff and contractors to serve as Energy Trust representatives.
* Manage and support cross-program marketing communications initiatives and customer service/experience projects as needed.
* Research issues and develop backgrounders as needed.
* Support development of monthly newsletters for stakeholders, customers and employees.
* Complete copy editing tasks for organizational and program communications.
* Work with Communications Manager, Programs, Planning, Evaluation and Legal staff to identify acceptable terminology and messaging on technical subjects and complex issues. Reference past experience, customer feedback and data/evaluations to offer input into best messages and approaches for communicating with customers.
* Maintain and reinforce Energy Trust style guidelines. Encourage and support usage of guidelines through training of staff and program management contractors and by providing feedback through review of written materials.
* Review and edit Energy Trust communications, including advisory committee minutes, board of director’s minutes and other organization communications to ensure consistency, readability and alignment with Energy Trust style. Reinforce tone and message guidelines where appropriate.
* Collaborate with utilities, partner organizations, contracted professional services as needed to implement communications and outreach projects and initiatives.
* Broaden use of the stakeholder relationship management system as an internal collaboration, documentation and tracking platform supporting community and stakeholder outreach.
* Use standard project management techniques, including project planning, developing project schedules, meeting deadlines, communication with project team members and resolving issues to keep projects on course.
* Document processes, decisions and meetings.
* Perform all functions of the job in a safe manner.
* No direct supervisory responsibility.
* This position will procure and manage the work of external contractors.
* Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing or related field, or equivalent experience.
* Minimum of three years of progressively responsible professional communications or outreach project management experience.
* Ability to prioritize, organize and plan for effective development and delivery of multiple projects simultaneously while meeting deadlines.
* Experience writing and producing a variety of communications.
* Superior written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to effectively engage a diverse set of customers and stakeholders to share information and invite input, with strong interpersonal skills to support proactive engagement with members of the public in an outreach setting.
* Strong AP knowledge and demonstrated skill in copy editing.
* Ability to work effectively independently and in a team environment.
* Attention to detail and commitment to follow-through are required.
* Ability to clearly articulate ideas, problem solve and bring a team to resolution.
* Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint and Excel. Experience with SharePoint a plus.
The above information is designed to outline the functions and position requirements of this job. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected, nor address the performance standards that must be maintained.
* Salary commensurate with skill and experience.
* Competitive benefits package.
* Applications accepted until position is filled.
Attn: Project Manager – Communications & Outreach
Energy Trust of Oregon is an Equal Opportunity Employer. www.energytrust.org