ACCEPTING APPLICATIONS FOR:
Senior Energy Engineer
Job Req: 83
Email applications to email@example.com. Email applications must include “Job Requisition FRONT 83” in the subject line to avoid relegation to our junk email folder. Frontier will not be held responsible for submittals that do not include this designation.
Email applications accepted only, no phone calls or site visits.
Frontier is an equal employment opportunity employer.
Frontier Associates LLC is seeking a permanent full-time Senior Energy Engineer with expertise in energy efficiency and energy demand side management. The selected individual will be responsible for managing the engineering group, evaluating energy efficiency opportunities and programs for our utility clients. The candidate must be competent in performing engineering calculations, conducting building simulations and cost effectiveness analysis utilizing a variety of software tools.
- Bachelors Degree in an Engineering Discipline, Building Construction/Science, Architecture, or a closely related field
- PE registration required
- CEM certification preferred
Knowledge and Skills
- Experience managing project teams
- Highly proficient in the use of Microsoft Excel
- Proficiency with energy simulation tool(s) such as eQuest, EnergPro, EnergyPlus, Carrier HAP, Trane Trace, etc.
- A working knowledge of:
- Developing and evaluating Energy Efficiency Programs
- Measurement & Verification protocols, standards and practices
- Technical writing to include proposals and research/analysis reports
- Knowledge of the technology behind key energy efficiency and conservation measures is preferred (e.g. lighting, HVAC, data centers, building envelope, refrigeration, industrial processes, energy management and control systems, motors and VFDs, etc.)
- Must have excellent communication skills
- Must be capable of completing tasks and meeting deadlines with minimal supervision
- Experience generating billable work in a consulting environment is preferred
- Develop, implement and evaluate electric utility energy efficiency programs and load management/demand response programs
- Potential studies; e.g. potential for energy savings from adoption of stricter codes and standards and/or targeted utility-sponsored incentive programs
- Savings calculations for individual prescriptive energy efficiency measures
- Establish baseline efficiencies and load profiles for end-use energy consuming appliances and other equipment
- Savings algorithms and calculators for use in utility incentive programs
- Energy modeling for residential and commercial buildings
- Developing standardized deemed energy savings (from specific energy saving measures) for state Technical Reference Manuals used in utility incentive programs
- Measurement and verification (M&V) plans for custom (non-prescriptive) measures; e.g. revised control scheme for an existing HVAC system
- Impact analyses (actual energy savings achieved); analyze bias, examine customer segmentation (e.g. demographic), analyze customer feedback from surveys
- Evaluations of new technologies for incorporation into utility programs (and business development for Frontier)
- Review programs in other states for best practices
- Evaluate and assist in developing market transformation programs, such as monitoring-based continuous commissioning, behavioral and operational measures
- Perform onsite energy audits and pre-/post-retrofit project field inspections
- Assist with Business Development activities
Established in 1999, Frontier is a leading consultant to the electric and gas industry in the areas of energy efficiency and demand side management. Frontier Associates provides consulting assistance in the following areas:
- Design, implementation, and evaluation of energy efficiency and renewable energy programs
- Energy pricing and resource planning
- Market research
Frontier Associates LLC is currently providing consulting services to electric and gas utilities, across the nations, who are increasing their investments in energy efficiency through the provision of financial incentives and the sponsorship of market transformation initiatives to increase customer adoption of efficient technologies. Frontier helps utilities to assess the potential of energy efficiency improvements in their respective service area, demonstrate the cost-effectiveness of their energy efficiency programs, and design effective approaches to program marketing and delivery.
Benefits from Frontier Associates LLC include: a flexible work environment, competitive compensation, health/dental/vision insurance, and a retirement plan.