See complete application and apply at:
SUMMARY: Responsible for the development, implementation and evaluation of efficiency programs and technical support for meeting the energy efficiency, conservation and renewable energy objectives of Utilities Energy Services division.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES: The following duties and responsibilities are illustrative of the primary functions of this position and are not intended to be all inclusive.
Energy Efficiency Program Planning, Project Management, Engineering Analysis and Implementation
- Plan for new, or revisions to existing, energy efficiency programs. Contribute to project management, engineering analysis and development of program materials.
- Manage the technical and programmatic implementation of specific efficiency programs, in conjunction with the Energy Services team.
- Provide technical analysis related to the development and evaluation of efficiency programs.
- Maintain knowledge of industry standards as they apply to Utilities programs.
- Develop reports related to technical and programmatic performance of efficiency programs.
- Verify customer efficiency project compliance with program standards.
Customer Technical Support
- Provides direction to customers regarding energy efficiency decisions and alternatives, via telephone, email and face-to-face meetings.
- Communicate applicability of energy efficiency programs to customers.
- Analyze and interpret site and aggregated utility data.
- Communicate electric rate structures to customers.
- Perform on-site efficiency audits of residential, commercial and industrial facilities.
- Prepare reports for customers related to improving efficiency and related participation in efficiency programs.
Energy Services Team Support
- Provide oversight of related contractor training.
- Generate and revise calculation tools to improve the accuracy and/or efficiency of energy programs.
- Support the Energy Services team in staffing customer education and outreach events.
- Professional development. This involves reading publications, accessing web sites, and attending seminars and conferences.
- Educates and trains citizens and professionals by preparing written materials and making presentations on energy efficiency and energy services programs.
THE SUCCESSFUL CANDIDATE: The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and abilities required to perform the necessary functions of this position.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Advanced computer skills, including word processing, spreadsheet and database applications.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Advanced knowledge of energy efficiency and conservation.
- Advanced knowledge of building energy systems.
- Ability to conduct research using reports, journals, and other sources of information.
- Ability to write clear, complete and accurate reports.
- Ability to present clearly to both large and small groups.
- Planning and organizing skills; ability to manage projects and consultants; long-term project planning over multiple budget cycles.
- Ability to collect data through experimentation and direct measurement.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to perform commercial and residential energy audits.
- Ability to work effectively on teams.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Bachelor's degree in Engineering or related field from an accredited college or university; one to three years experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS: Valid driver’s license.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This job is predominantly performed in an office setting. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.