The Fraunhofer Center for Sustainable Energy Systems (CSE) is looking for a Fellow to assist in Fraunhofer CSE’s efforts in distributed generation controllers and applications for energy systems. The Fellow will report to the Grid Integration Group Leader. The individual will assist in expanding the group capabilities in the electrical energy system field, and learn about the exciting opportunities in this area.
We seek a talented individual with a strong background in software development, energy systems, electronics, systems engineering, or distributed control. The Fellow will be a key part of a dynamic team that shares a commitment to engineering excellence, combined with an excitement about sustainable energy technology.
- Develop Python applications that interact with energy systems/hardware including but not limited to: Data Analysis; UI/UX; IoT; Data Acquisition; System Control Algorithms
- Develop LabView Virtual Instruments for laboratory and field testing of grid-connected renewables
- Assist in the design and experimentation of Distributed Electrical Energy Systems activities at Fraunhofer CSE, including: Renewables; Energy Storage; Demand Management; Micro-grids.
- Participate in contract research activity for commercial and government clients
- Document research results, and present in seminars
- Learn about the Smart Grid industry, and technical approaches to important energy problems
Experience and Education:
- Programming Experience: Python; LabView
- Strong background in one or more of the following areas: Energy Systems; Software Development; Controls; Testing and Instrumentation.
- Hands-on Experience testing and troubleshooting electrical systems, familiar with standard electrical test equipment (oscilloscopes, probes, etc)
- Experience with electro-mechanical design and integration
- Interest in Renewables and other grid interactive distributed generation technologies.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Experience leading projects highly preferred
- Masters Degree in Electrical Engineering (EE) or Bachelor’s Degree in EE
In your cover letter, please explain what motivates you to apply and how, in your opinion, the skills you would develop from this Fellowship would help you achieve your next career step.
Fraunhofer USA, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer of Individuals with disabilities, protected veterans and is a federal contractor.
About Fraunhofer CSE:
The Fraunhofer Center for Sustainable Energy Systems CSE is an applied research and development laboratory dedicated to building tomorrow’s energy future today. Our staff’s expertise in solar photovoltaics, smart energy-efficient buildings, and grid technologies provides a platform for deeply integrating distributed energy resources through collaborative R&D with private companies, government entities, and academic institutions. Fraunhofer CSE is one of seven centers of Fraunhofer USA, a 501(c)(3) non-profit contract R&D organization, a subsidiary of Fraunhofer Gesellschaft, Europe's largest contract R&D organization.