We provide our utility clients with a wide range of energy-saving and renewable energy solutions. From individual utility customers and construction contractors, to utilities, municipalities, and government bodies, our clients have come to depend on our customized energy efficiency programs to help them to meet their energy saving goals.
This positions is responsible for providing leadership on one of our energy efficiency programs. In this hands-on management role, you will oversee energy programs and will work closely with both clients and our energy professionals to achieve client energy efficiency goals and other program objectives. You will also be working with others who are passionate about energy efficiency and making a positive impact on the industry.
- Develop and implement a plan attract new customers/trade allies to obtain program objectives
- Provide administrative services plan to develop customer correspondence and application processing
- Complete reviews of program applications to ensure adherence to program rules and requirements
- Develop QA/QC plan to ensure accurate program results and good evaluation results
- Coordinate with program evaluators to understand evaluation plans and communicate program procedures to staff
- Manage direct reports and oversee program staff. This includes interviewing, planning, assigning, completing performance evaluations, coaching, mentoring and directing work
- Responsible for completely quarterly safety QA/QC audits of staff
- Understand and implement the Franklin Energy Sales Process, which includes both trade allies and customer outreach/sales.
- Assist training department with reinforcement of classroom training for all direct reports and field staff
- Complete pre and/or post site visits as needed
- Develop case studies
- Manage the utility relationship and serve as an advocate for our client
- Manage multi-million budget to ensure full utilization of funds while meeting or exceeding energy goals
- Develop and oversee the processing of energy efficiency project paperwork through energy efficiency tracking system
- Prepare monthly invoices and activity reports as required to the client, partner or Franklin Energy management
- Incorporate “best practice” methods of energy efficiency program implementation
- Lead and attend relevant presentations promoting energy efficiency programs
Specific Qualification for the role include:
- Bachelor's degree required; advanced degree, preferred. Equivalent work experience may be considered
- Minimum of 5 years management/supervisory experience including hiring, coaching, performance reviews, and mentoring; Proven leadership abilities in a rapidly changing environment
- Proficiency in financial management
- Background in engineering, technology or science and experience in working in a technical environment
- 3 or more years of experience in managing energy efficiency programs – Preferred
- PMP certification - Preferred
- Experience in lighting, HVAC, and other technologies installed in commercial and industrial applications – Preferred
- Technical experience in developing and/or reviewing energy savings calculations to determine paybacks and incentive levels for customers – Preferred
- Sales or business development background-Preferred
- Detail oriented and have an ability to prioritize work load in a fast paced environment and delegate appropriate work assignments to staff
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and tracking systems/databases
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, work with mathematical concepts such as the fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry
- Valid driver's license and reliable transportation
- Willingness to travel up to 40% of the time. May include occasional overnight travel.
Franklin Energy Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Build a rewarding career in a dynamic and growing industry!