This position is responsible for working directly with Trade Allies to generate Program awareness, provide education on the Program, and facilitate participation. This role will also work with customers in both commercial and industrial spaces where you'll be responsible to provide expert advice and convince prospective clients of the improved efficiency our services will bring. You will also be working as part of a team made up of individuals who are passionate about energy efficiency and making a positive impact on the industry.
This role will help support a rural community effort which will include a considerable amount of travel, including overnight travel, on a weekly basis to help serve various communities throughout the state of Wisconsin.
• Promote the energy efficiency program and increase participation among customers and trade allies within select communities throughout Wisconsin.
• Identify and provide documentation of on-site opportunities for energy efficiency and provide follow-up to customers as required; Generate summary reports to customers and Program Managers as needed
• Discuss technical elements of energy consuming equipment—i.e., lighting, HVAC, hot water systems, building and pipe insulation, and air sealing
• Recruit, educate, and collaborate with contractors in various industries including, but not limited to, HVAC, lighting, refrigeration, and compressed air.
• Understand and implement the Franklin Energy Sales Process, including but not limited to: making outbound calls to new and existing customers and Trade Allies to meet assigned energy saving targets, developing and facilitating program presentations to spur project activity and managing time in the field and customer inquiries and concerns by phone, electronically or in person to move projects toward completion
• Enter data into spreadsheets and databases to determine energy savings and to manage current projects which may also include collaborating with Energy Engineers
• Perform post audit diagnostics, measurement and verification
Specific Qualification for the role include:
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required. Technical school degree combined with demonstrated experience in the electric/gas utility field will be considered. Equivalent work experience may be considered.
• Minimum 2-3 years of experience in energy efficiency and/or energy modeling AND electric or natural gas utility industry, facilities management, HVAC design or sales, commercial and industrial lighting, or conservation and energy management
• Professional energy efficiency designations such as: CEM, BEP or CLEP preferred
• Previous customer service, sales, or marketing experience
• Must be self-motivated, flexible, organized and have an ability to prioritize workload in a fast-paced environment
• Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook and comfortable entering and tracking information in databases
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers, clients and employees
• Ability to analyze and interpret complex and/or quantitative data and solve practical problems
• Valid driver's license and reliable transportation
• Willingness to travel 75% or more of the time
Franklin Energy Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Build a rewarding career in a dynamic and growing industry!