The Manager NYEM Advisory & Training Services Program is responsible for developing a customer-facing, structured and systematic advisory and continuous training service to support the NYEM platform. The NYEM platform provides visual presentation of a customer’s energy use and basic analytics. The NYEM Advisory & Training Services Program Manager is also responsible for managing a team of building energy analysts to provide advisory and training services to NYEM customers.
Curriculum, Materials and Schedule Development & Management
- Lead the development of new training programs or overhaul existing programs, engage trainers, internal and external customers and ensure that “new training” meets expectations.
- Lead the creation of curriculum outlines, agendas and materials to support learning.
- Collaborate with program partners within NYEM, NYPA, and outside to understand training needs.
- Work with internal stakeholders and customers to develop training plans and schedules that meet participant’s and partner’s needs.
- Ensure training is delivered in innovative and engaging ways using multiple methodologies.
- Facilitate class in a professional manner creating and maintaining a productive learning environment.
Consulting Services Development & Management
- Develop the strategy, structure, and content for new consulting and advisory services or programs designed specifically for NYEM.
- Contribute to the research and development of thought leadership focused on building & energy management issues as it relates to data analytics.
- Communicate updates and reports about the advisory services or programs to all levels of NYPA’s organization. This includes presentations to executives as well as peers and members of associated teams.
- Manage and develop a growing team of energy data analysts and engineering professionals. Provide coaching, feedback and support for each individual's development. Review performance of staff; establish work performance goals and review individual goals each appraisal period, and recommend staff additions, promotions, salary increases, and workforce projections.
- Make evaluations and provide recommendations to Senior Management, to achieve the departmental goals and objectives
- Technical knowledge in energy, data analytics, building science, and/or facility operations
- Ability to oversee the implementation and execution of NYEM’s advisory services for varying service levels and customer sophistication.
- Ability to develop and maintain professional relationships with customers and within the industry.
- Ability to prioritize and plan work with respect to project schedules and deliver results in a timely manner.
- Ability to learn and follow NYPA’s policies, operations, procedures and business objectives as well as those of the customers,
- Strong understanding of the electric utility and energy services industries.
- Understanding of the Authority’s interaction with other utilities regulatory agencies and customers.
- Excellent interpersonal skills; good written and verbal communication skills; and the ability to organize information and effectively present ideas to the intended audience.
- Superior writing skills and the ability to prepare reports, research papers, analytical studies, presentations and equipment reviews suitable for final submission.
- Strong project management skills and a team-oriented approach
- Demonstrated high level of personal motivation, creativity, foresight and good judgment. Must have motivational skills that inspire less senior engineers to succeed.
- Keen interest in the opportunity to work on varied projects and programs; intellectually curious and passionate about learning new things
- Ability to perform research and develop content in a highly collaborative environment.
- Comfortable with an iterative process; flexible, creative, efficient, resourceful, and possess a positive attitude.
- Ability to hire and manage a team of energy data analysts and engineering professionals.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Minimum of 10 years of industry and/or technical experience with an electric utility, engineering consultant or energy services company.
- Knowledge in behavioral science or education, preferred
- Three (3) years of experience leading training in an organization.
- Experience developing and managing others.
- Experienced manager with unique building operations or energy expertise in addition to customer service or consulting and education or curriculum development experience