The Assistant Project Manager will be responsible for managing budgets, timelines, and deliverables for program transparency and evaluation activities that are integral to a variety of clean transportation projects. Under general supervision from the Senior Manager, EV Initiatives and working closely with the Senior Principal Advisor, Clean Transportation, the Project Manager will:
- Manage many complex activities in a fast-paced, matrixed environment.
- Work with analysts and under the direction of the Senior Principal Advisor to plan and guide diverse project types including data management, analysis and visualization; survey development, implementation and maintenance; market projections; and research papers.
- Communicate and coordinate with many stakeholders across multiple departments within the organization.
- Manage expectations and contract deliverables with several clients or sub-contractors.
In addition to managing multiple workflows requiring the coordination of large teams, the Assistant Project Manager may be asked to supervise 1-2 departmental staff members.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Project Planning, Coordination, Budgeting and Reporting: Make recommendations on project design; assess project needs; draft proposals, budgets, and work plans; coordinate team activities; prepare status reports, budget projections, and updates; and create presentations, reports, and marketing materials.
- Project Operations: Monitor daily activities to ensure that procedures are working to achieve project goals and to support efficient processes. Develop and maintain project expertise to guide execution of related activities across projects and under unusual circumstances. Review project plans and budgets throughout the fiscal year and update senior staff as needed.
- Content Development: Contribute as appropriate to data analysis and visualization, survey implementation, and, in particular, to presentations and report writing.
- Special Projects/Stakeholder Engagement: Represent CSE Transparency activities and CSE externally as necessary. Perform other duties of a similar nature or level.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Strong organizational, time management and planning skills.
- Ability to effectively handle multiple tasks, changing priorities, stressful situations and complex assignments.
- Extremely detail-oriented, exceptional problem-solving skills and the ability to perform within required deadlines.
- Proficiency in project budget management, tracking and reporting.
- Clear written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to take initiative, be proactive, develop creative solutions, and work with minimal supervision.
- PMP certification or training a plus.
- Some experience in research, program evaluation, or related analytical activities a plus.
- Background in transportation/environmental policy/clean energy a plus but not required.
Education and/or Experience:
- 4-5 years of related experience.
- Bachelor's degree required, advanced degree preferred.
Computer and/or Technical Skills:
- Project management and/or budgeting software experience desired
- Microsoft Office experience required (including Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Word)