Energy Trust of Oregon is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to energy efficiency and renewable energy development. We serve Oregon customers of Portland General Electric, Pacific Power, NW Natural and Cascade Natural Gas and Avista, and Washington customers of NW Natural. In 2017, Energy Trust was recognized as one of the 100 Best Nonprofits to Work For in Oregon.
“At Energy Trust we embrace diversity and strive to create a culturally attentive organization. We welcome different ideas, cultures and backgrounds and believe that this makes us a great place to work. We invite you to explore job opportunities with us.” – Mike Colgrove, Executive Director
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
This position manages the design and delivery of the Industry and Agriculture energy efficiency program custom offerings. The Sr. Program Manager is responsible for developing annual budgets and savings goals, effectively managing the program budget, developing, driving, and implementing program strategies, managing program delivery contractors, and reporting results to internal and external audiences. This position also collaborates on the design and implementation of Energy Trust’s Industrial Strategic Energy Management (SEM) offering.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS / MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Directly manage all aspects of design and implementation for a complex set of offerings and contracts comprising the Custom track of the Industry and Agriculture program including strategic planning, budgeting, program design, pilot oversight and evaluation of new program initiatives and reporting.
- Oversee Custom Program Delivery Contractors (PDCs) and associated contract development. This includes developing requests for proposals (RFPs) and scopes of work, soliciting bids, negotiating and finalizing contracts, and managing the execution of the contracts, ensuring contract deliverables, savings and supporting activities are executed on time and within budget.
- Ensure that all program design, strategy, marketing and implementation activities of the Industry and Agriculture program are synchronized with SEM program activities.
- Direct program implementation tasks delegated to Energy Trust staff, contractors, and program allies.
- Work with renewables staff to successfully integrate and implement renewable energy generation offerings into Production Efficiency programs with available resources.
- Manage a variety of complex contracts, ensuring deliverables are attained and fiduciary standards are met by contractors and supervised staff.
- Write and present reports to Energy Trust staff, advisory committees, and the Board of Directors.
- Provide project management and customer relations for special projects.
- Assist in program evaluations and reviews.
- Represent Energy Trust interests at public events, and with stakeholders, market actors and outside groups and boards.
- As needed serve on relevant public boards and committees. Coordinate multiple delivery channels across market segments with other regional efforts such as those managed by Northwest Energy Efficiency Alliance (NEEA) and BPA (Bonneville Power Administration).
- Perform all functions of the job in a safe manner.
- Position will hire and directly manage Industrial and Agriculture sector staff.
- Position will hire and direct the work of multiple external contractors, suppliers and/or vendors in the course of managing specific programs and other efforts.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline (engineering, science, economics, business, finance, architecture, or environmental science preferred) or equivalent experience.
- 8 years of experience in program design and management, technical engineering field or project management with emphasis on energy efficiency and/or renewables.
- 2 years of experience managing staff.
- Demonstrated experience successfully leading teams, managing contractor networks and/or directly supervising staff.
- Knowledge of energy technology, energy markets, principles of financial and energy savings analysis.
- Experience in all phases of hiring and managing contractors, from internal approval of funding, writing scopes of work, soliciting bids, negotiating and finalizing contracts, to managing the execution of the contract.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently to manage and deliver complex technical projects, including project direction, contractor management, quality of technical analyses, and production of clear decision documents.
- Must be able to interact with a diverse workforce and be comfortable working in culturally diverse settings and groups.
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Excel, Power Point and Word software applications.
- Strong analytical, writing, and communications skills. In particular, ability to analyze complex technical and market issues and succinctly convey conclusions in general terms understandable to diverse technical and public audiences.
- Strong mathematical and technical skills.
- Experience working within multidisciplinary teams.
The above information is designed to outline the functions and position requirements of this job. It does not identify all tasks that may be expected, nor address the performance standards that must be maintained.
- Salary commensurate with skill and experience.
- Competitive benefits package.
- Applications accepted until position is filled.
Attn: Sr. Program Manager – Industry and Agriculture
Energy Trust of Oregon is an Equal Opportunity Employer that highly values diversity and inclusion in the workplace.