The Energy Specialist is primarily responsible for completing walk through energy efficiency assessments, the installation of energy efficiency equipment and products, and for deepening customer awareness of and participation in rebate programs and the Utility's energy efficiency program. They are also responsible for responding to general customer inquiries regarding utility services they receive and for directing the customer to the appropriate contact at the utility company. You will also be working with others who are passionate about energy efficiency and making a positive impact on the industry.
* Deliver professional, high quality services to utility customers
* Complete walk through energy assessments of properties that identify key natural gas and electric saving opportunities (all living space, basement, attic, and exterior perimeter of building)
* Install energy saving devices including energy efficiency lighting, programmable thermostats and hot water saving devices
* Build quick rapport with utility customers. Initiate conversations with customers regarding energy usage.
* Clearly explain and articulate energy assessment findings to building owner including explanation of energy efficiency rebates
* Respond to general utility customer service inquiries and explain other energy rebate offerings and services to customers during home visit (Smartmeter, Refrigerator/Freezer Recycling, Lighting and white good rebate programs, on-bill financing, etc.) This could include showing customers short videos on Utility company websites or helping them sign in to their utility account online.
* Assist Marketing team as directed in with participation in larger trade show and seminar events.
* Actively identify and recommend ways to improve program operations and delivery
* Continuously drive improvements in quality, customer satisfaction and productivity
* Accurately complete and maintain all required paperwork, records and documents, etc.
* Follow and comply with all safety and work rules and regulations
* Available to work evening and weekend hours as needed
Specific qualification for the role include:
* 2 year Associates degree or equivalent experience
* One of the following:
o Residential building construction
o Heating and Air Conditioning System install, sales or service
o Other energy efficiency designations or certificates including:
* Advanced Home Energy Professional (HEP)
* Building Analyst
* Envelope Professional
* Residential Building Envelope Whole Hose Air Leakage Controller Installer
* Air Conditioning and Heat Pump
o Air sealing and building insulation experience
* & Sit Down – articulate findings and recommendations
* BPI Fundamentals or above is a requirement
o Two years of previous related work experience
* 1-2 years of experience in marketing, community organizing, or a related field - Preferred
* Strong interpersonal, interviewing and communication skills.
* Must be able to handle a wide work variety and work in a fast paced environment.
* Strong data entry skills in entering information in tracking systems/databases.
* Home Energy Specialist
o Building Science & HVAC
o Assessment and Visual Inspection
o Customer Interview & Sit Down – articulate findings and recommendations
o BPI Fundamentals or above is a requirement
* Must be a detail-oriented, organized, self-starter, and have an ability to prioritize workload.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook.
* Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers, clients and employees.
* Knowledge of mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages and ratios
* Valid driver's license and reliable transportation
* Willingness to travel up to 75% of the time
Franklin Energy Services nis an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Build a rewarding career in a dynamic and growing industry!
Apply Here: http://www.Click2apply.net/575m5tnpb6zhwjxd