SPEER, the South-central Partnership for Energy Efficiency as a Resource, is a small but growing educational not-for-profit organization. SPEER is one of six regional energy efficiency organizations (REEOs) recognized by the US Department of Energy. SPEER’s mission is to accelerate the adoption of advanced building systems and energy efficient products and services in the South-central US. Our purpose is to advance the understanding and adoption of energy efficiency as a low-cost energy resource, and to design, implement, coordinate, and support regional projects to promote high energy performance and clean distributed energy in the built environment.
GENERAL SKILLS SUMMARY
SPEER’s success is dependent on careful communications, proactive outreach, and active engagement with diverse groups. The organization is looking for self-starters who have experience in energy efficiency, air quality, city planning, or energy markets. SPEER is not looking for an individual to fill a specific job description, as much as provide a career opportunity to the person who:
- Is capable of solution development and exploring opportunities to further our mission.
- Creates an esprit de corps among members that invites different viewpoints.
- Wishes to represent SPEER in local, regional, and national energy forums designed to further energy and water efficiency, or to educate various populations.
- Maintain effective working relationships with key stakeholders including elected officials, government agencies, equipment manufacturers, and trade allies.
- Collaborates with senior management to promote and enhance the organization.
- Is self-motivated and demonstrates honesty and integrity.
- Is looking to take this organization to the next level.
ESSENTIAL EXPERIENCE AND ABILITIES
The person that will best fit this job will be thoughtful and analytical, energetic and motivated, organized and articulate, with:
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a related area.
- Knowledgeable about energy policy, water policy, energy efficiency, demand response, and other regulatory issues.
- Management experience in non-profit, government, or business setting.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills are needed, including effective public speaking, writing, and an ability to engage with and motivate people.
- Research and analysis experience.
M.A. M.P.A., or M.S. in business, public administration, or policy preferred; or equivalent work experience.
LOCATION AND SALARY
This position is based in the SPEER office in Austin, Texas. Potentially 10% time will be required for travel in the region. Occasional trips out of the region will be required. Salary is commensurate with experience. SPEER is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
HOW TO APPLY: All qualified candidates may apply by sending a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.