Oracle Utilities is seeking a Manager, Regulatory Affairs, to work in our Arlington, VA office (or in region for the right candidate) and expand our business opportunities in eastern North America. We need an entrepreneurial professional who can use the policy-making and regulatory processes to advance the market for energy efficiency and demand response, drive utility investment in technology innovation, and accelerate our sales.
About the Job
As the Manager, Regulatory Affairs, you will be responsible for leading and executing Oracle Utilities regulatory and policy strategy across a portion of eastern North America. The exact territory will depend on the Manager’s background and skillset. Oracle works with utilities, and engages closely with government officials, regulators, and stakeholders to remove obstacles or promote policies to advance sales. In this role, you will report to the Director, Regulatory Affairs, and work closely with the regional sales team.
The ideal candidate brings business judgment to regulatory work and has the acumen to align regulatory strategy with business need. You are a relationship builder, policy advocate, and communicator with a strong business sense. You have a combination of qualitative, analytical, and communication skills sufficient to handle technical policy issues and be able to communicate and shape outcomes in a compelling manner across a variety of stakeholders. Candidates should be energized by spending time in the field growing and / or defending a market more than sitting at a desk. Regional knowledge and relationships are a plus. This role will involve travel at least 25 percent of the time.
· Collaborate closely with the sales team and our clients to build regulatory acceptance with public utility commissions for Oracle’s innovative products and the energy reductions, customer engagement, and utility system efficiencies they deliver.
· Build strong relationships with key stakeholders, including regulatory commissions, utility clients, state energy officials, ISO/RTOs, environmental groups, industry associations, and consumer advocates.
· Be a public spokesperson for Oracle Utilities in regulatory proceedings, conferences, hearings and other external meetings.
· Work with industry and stakeholder partners to grow and/or defend the overall market for utility investment in demand side management and IT innovation in your region.
· You have a BA/BS and preferably a relevant advanced degree.
· You have at least five years of work experience in the energy or utility industry, preferably in a role that involved work with regulators.
· You are an exceptional written and oral communicator who knows how to advocate for an idea.
· You are detail-oriented and entrepreneurial, and have strong political instincts.
· You have a track record of thinking strategically about how to solve complex problems and convincing others to adopt your vision.
· You are a strong relationship builder and connector.
· You have proven analytical skills and at least a basic understanding of statistics.
· You function well in a fast-paced, team-focused environment where you need to build consensus across departments.
· You are passionate about becoming an energy efficiency and demand response evangelist, and shaping regulatory and legislative policy that advances utility investment in technology innovation.
Apply online here: https://oracle.taleo.net/careersection/2/jobdetail.ftl?job=18000NJI&tz=G...