Metrus Energy is expanding its team and is interested in hearing from qualified applicants who are ready to make direct and immediate contributions to deal closings and growing the company’s energy efficiency finance platform. Please send us an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) with a cover letter and your resume to apply for the position listed below.
This individual will be responsible for helping drive the growth of Metrus’ energy and water efficiency deals and pipeline. This position is responsible for recruiting new types of channel partners as well as generating increased volume from the company’s existing energy services company (ESCO) and contractor partners. The individual will implement targeted direct sales efforts to multi-site industrial, commercial and institutional customers.
We are seeking a highly motivated individual who is able to actively engage key partners from day one while maintaining a relentless focus on closing deals with commercial, industrial and institutional clients. The successful candidate will have a proven track record of exceeding business development targets in the energy efficiency, renewable energy, retail energy or other relevant industries. The position calls for an individual who can thrive in a results and performance-based start-up and who can demonstrate strategic, critical thinking and commitment to Metrus’ mission of scaling efficiency retrofits in the built environment.
Duties & Responsibilities
The individual’s responsibilities will include:
- Developing and closing energy and water efficiency deals
- Identifying, qualifying, developing and executing channel partner relationships with ESCOs, energy contractors and other promising channels
- Managing and implementing go-to-market strategies that efficiently allocate resources to best accelerate the pipeline and execution of profitable projects
- Preparing and presenting project proposals that articulate Metrus’ value proposition to all levels of customer and channel partner organizations, including executive/board-level professionals
- Identifying changes to Metrus business practices and capabilities and new business opportunities that allow the company to accelerate pipeline growth, project closings, and project profitability
Experience & Qualifications
The individual’s qualifications are expected to include a proven track record of exceeding business development targets selling complex products and demonstrated ability to develop strong relationships with channel partners, customers and other key market participants. The successful individual will also need to demonstrate:
- Exceptional communication, writing and customer service skills and experience
- Ability to powerfully present to executive-level professionals
- Experience selling energy products to commercial and industrial customers is highly desired, although other business development and sales experience in commercial and industrial-facing industries will be considered
- Excellent critical thinker and naturally creative problem solver
- Self-starter who can thrive in a start-up: requires willingness to learn quickly, collaborate with small team and stay focused on closing deals
- Bachelor’s degree; advanced degree preferred
- Minimum 6 years of experience in business development and/or sales
Salary and Benefits
Salary for qualified candidates will be commensurate with their experience and will include a competitive incentive plan for annual project closings. Benefits include medical, dental, vision and paid vacation.