Top Honors for Programs in Five Regions of U.S.To Be Announced
National Report Will Examine 18 Leading Programs
Washington D.C. — The American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE) will identify America’s exceptional state-led energy efficiency programs during a live, phone-based news event Wednesday, September 15, 2010 at 2:30 p.m. EDT / 11:30 a.m. PDT.
A corresponding national report will highlight many leading states that have been running energy efficiency programs for decades, as well as programs recently developed with new sources of funding.
News event participants will be:
- David Terry, Executive Director, National Association of State Energy Offices;
- Jeffrey Gordon, Director of Communications, New York State Energy Research and Development Authority;
- Carilyn Shon, Energy Conservation Program Manager, Hawaii Department of Business, Economic Development, and Tourism;
- Jamil Dillon, Residential Program Senior Associate, Colorado Governor's Energy Office;
- Chris Rice, Clean Energy Program Manager, Maryland Energy Administration; and
- Michael Sciortino, lead author of the report, American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy.
TO PARTICIPATE: You can join this live, phone-based news conference (with full, two-way Q&A) at 2:30 p.m. EDT/11:30 a.m. PDT on September 15, 2010 by dialing 1 (800) 860-2442. Ask for the "ACEEE State Energy Efficiency Awards" news event.
CAN'T PARTICIPATE?: A streaming audio recording of the news event will be available on the Web by 6 p.m. EDT/3 p.m. PDT on September 15, 2010 at www.aceee.org.