The American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE), a nonprofit, 501(c)(3) organization, acts as a catalyst to advance energy efficiency policies, programs, technologies, investments, and behaviors. We are working for a future in which energy efficiency helps the United States achieve economic prosperity, energy security, and a healthy environment.
ACEEE carries out its mission by:
- Conducting in-depth technical and policy analyses
- Advising policymakers and program managers
- Working collaboratively with businesses, government officials, public interest groups, and other organizations
- Convening conferences and workshops, primarily for energy efficiency professionals
- Assisting and encouraging traditional and new media to cover energy efficiency policy and technology issues
- Educating consumers and businesses through our research, conference proceedings, press activities, and websites
ACEEE was founded in 1980 by leading researchers in the energy field. Since that time, the United States has made significant strides in improving energy efficiency across all sectors of the economy. Yet enormous savings opportunities remain. We are working to overcome barriers and accelerate the pace of efficiency gains to help consumers, create jobs, grow the economy, enhance energy security, increase resilience, and mitigate climate change.
ACEEE focuses on these program areas:
- Energy policy (federal, state, and local)
- Research (including programs on buildings and equipment, utilities, industry, agriculture, transportation, behavior, economic analysis, and international)
- Outreach (including conferences, publications, and the Ally Program)
ACEEE has become known as America’s leading center of expertise on energy efficiency. Our reputation is based on the high quality, credibility, and relevance of our work, as well as our bipartisan approach. ACEEE’s thorough and externally-reviewed technical work is widely relied on by policymakers, business and industry decision makers, consumers, media, and other energy professionals. Our three-year strategic plan can be viewed here.