STATE OF COLORADO
invites applications for the position of:
Weatherization Quality Assurance Manager
This announcement is not governed by the selection processes of the classified personnel system. Applications will be considered from residents and non-residents of Colorado.
CLASS TITLE: NON-CLASSIFIED
LOCATION: Denver Metro, Colorado
PRIMARY PHYSICAL WORK ADDRESS: 1580 Logan Street, Suite 100, Denver, CO 80203
$4,583.33 - $5,666.67 Monthly
OPENING DATE: 08/01/18
CLOSING DATE: 08/31/18 11:59PM
JOB TYPE: Full Time
The mission of the Colorado Energy Office (CEO) is to deliver cost-effective energy services and advance innovative energy solutions for the benefit of all Coloradans. The CEO develops and implements programming to support that mission and achieve outcomes within Colorado's energy sectors. The Weatherization (Wx) Quality Assurance Manager will oversee all activities related to subgrantee technical quality assurance (QA) compliance.
The CEO currently has an opportunity for an experienced Quality Assurance Manager to join our team to administer and evaluate Wx programming. He/she is responsible for managing the administrative efforts of the technical team and acting as point for the routing and dissemination of all QA issues. This position will be responsible for all subgrantee outcomes as they relate to conforming to set Department of Energy (DOE) and CEO Wx policies and procedures. NOTE: This position requires considerable in-state travel and requires multiple overnight stays.
ALTHOUGH THE FULL SALARY RANGE FOR THE POSITION IS LISTED, THE ANTICIPATED HIRING RANGE IS $4583.33 - $5000.00 PER MONTH.
DESCRIPTION OF JOB:
- Quality Assurance Inspection
- Conducting and managing all onsite technical QA monitoring visits at subgrantee offices to ensure compliance with the program's installation procedures and efficiency standards
- Conducting onsite QA monitoring activities to ensure compliance with the annual 5% minimum quota of all weatherized units
- Oversee all office QA activities including scheduling, tracking, report dissemination, and report receipt
- Prepare and review applicable QA monitoring site visit reports
- Conduct technical research on procedures, measures, and their potential for saving energy
- Receive and coordinate technical waivers for technical team review and approval or denial
- Review DOE policies and ensure compliance with the DOE's quality work plans
- Assess subgrantee performance and determine compliance with approved program operating plans and requirements
- Contribute to the approval of all multifamily projects
- Field and asses client complaints and concerns for recommended referral and action
Health and Safety (H&S):
- Ensure all H&S procedures are in compliance at the subgrantee level
- Respond to DOE and local code requirements regarding H&S requirements
- Assist subgrantees in the development of subgrantee written standards and procedures to meet H&S requirements
- Deliver evidence based training to maximize home performance
- Assist in the implementation of training activities
- Organize quarterly training and technical assistance (T&TA) meetings
- Coordinate monthly T&TA calls
- Work with technical team to develop focus and agenda for monthly T&TA calls
- Develop and present training as needed on H&S issues
- Adheres to all H&S policies in the planning and execution of activities
- Maintain positive working relationships with a diverse range of stakeholders within the market area
- Abide by office policies and procedures in a manner that ensures fiscal responsibility and promotes efficient, effective, and elegant government
- Uses word processing, spreadsheet, database, and scheduling software applications to prepare correspondence, plans, reports, schedules, and other documents
- Assist other CEO departments in carrying out unit and office wide priorities
- Participates in and travels as necessary to designated events and conferences in support of office programming
- Participate in process and metric development, improvement, and articulation
- Develop and achieve clear objectives and outcomes
- Increase and formalize the connection between QA and T&TA activities
- Align QA and T&TA activities to the WAP strategic plan, goals, and new initiatives (i.e. four major measures installation and maximizing client energy cost savings)
- Other duties as requested and required
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS, SUBSTITUTIONS, CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT & APPEAL RIGHTS:
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university with a major in construction management or a closely related field or four or more years of related experience in residential energy, construction, or weatherization field. Additional years of experience may be substituted for educational requirements on a year for year basis.
- Experience in and knowledge of advanced building science, residential health and safety, and energy issues
- Proven program management capabilities that will effectively create, maintain, and enhance business partnerships
- Current and active Home Energy Professional (HEP) Quality Control Inspector (QCI) certification
- Completed at least one of the following certifications (preferred) or ability to receive within six months of hire: Residential Energy Services Network (RESNET) Rater, HEP Energy Auditor (EA), International Code Council (ICC) Building Inspector, Energy Plans Examiner, or Energy Code Inspector Certifications
- Maintain all other appropriate certifications for Renovation, Repair, and Painting Rule, Asbestos Building Inspector, and any other applicable or required technical capabilities
- Demonstrates a high level of initiative, as well as, the ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Strong written and oral communication and presentations skills
- Ability to promote State energy direction as articulated by the Governor, CEO Executive Director, and legislature
- Candidates must possess a valid United States driver's license
- Other skills to include working knowledge of MS Office, excellent time management and organizational skills, the ability to take initiative and work independently
HOW TO APPLY: Online applications will not be accepted. Please follow instructions on the job announcement for submitting an application.
IF NOT APPLYING ON-LINE, SUBMIT APPLICATION TO:
Thank you for your interest in the Colorado Energy Office. Please tell us why you want to work with us! Email cover letter and resume to email@example.com Due to the volume of applications, only candidates who are identified to move forward in the selection process will be contacted.
DEPARTMENT CONTACT INFORMATION:
METHODS OF APPOINTMENT: This position is not part of the classified state personnel system.