At MEEA, we leverage our unique position as the Midwest’s key champion and trusted information resource on energy efficiency policies and programs to help our members and stakeholders identify, understand and implement cost-effective energy efficiency strategies that provide economic and environmental benefits. As a collaborative network and an influential membership organization spanning thirteen states, we provide a professional forum where energy providers, policymakers, implementers, manufacturers, advocates, and other stakeholders can make connections, seek advice and learn about energy efficiency. With our dynamic annual conference, MEEA plays an important role in forging partnerships, promoting new technologies and curating the evolving conversation around economic sustainability and environmental stewardship from energy efficiency.
The Building Operator Certification (BOC) is a nationally recognized, award-winning, competency-based training and certification program that offers facility personnel the improved job skills and knowledge to transform large commercial spaces to be more comfortable, energy efficient, and environmentally friendly. MEEA has a long history of success in administering the BOC program in the Midwest region.
The Program Associate will be responsible for managing existing stakeholder relationships while actively seeking new partners to build local BOC champions throughout the Midwest. Because MEEA administers BOC in 11 different states, strong local partnerships are key to keeping the program running while allowing for growth and innovation. Along with maintaining partner relationships, the Program Associate will be responsible for the daily logistics of running a training program in a multi-state region.
MEEA seeks an exceptional candidate to fill an open position for a Program Associate to work under the supervision of the Program Manager and support the BOC program in the Midwest. The program associate will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Serve as the main contact for BOC training in several Midwestern states
- Schedule training instructors and coordinators, manage their contracts and ensure compliance with all program requirements
- Work with program partners to plan and schedule trainings and proactively seek out new opportunities to offer BOC in other areas
- Assist with program promotional efforts, including print and online marketing, developing and compiling target lists for direct program promotion
- Assist individuals and program partners with the registration process and monitor the online registration system
- Travel to observe classes and audit instructors as well as attend local or regional events to promote the BOC program
- Complete a variety of program administration tasks including ordering and organizing program materials, sending materials to stakeholders, maintaining records in MEEA’s CRM, and assisting with logistical training arrangements
- Diligently monitor program expenses for compliance with grant and program sponsor agreements and work closely with the MEEA accounting team to ensure accuracy
- Prepare and submit financial reports, reimbursement requests, and invoices as required by grant and program sponsor agreements
- Assist the Programs Team with new initiatives, special projects, etc. as needed
- Passion for energy efficiency and commitment to environmental issues, experience in energy efficiency a plus
- B.A or B.S. required in the field of environmental science, architecture, political science, natural resources management or a related field
- At least one to two years related work experience in a professional environment
- Excellent organizational, writing, communication and public speaking skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines while prioritizing competing responsibilities
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently with a high degree of self-sufficiency and initiative while also functioning as a member of a team in an open-office environment
- Outgoing, energetic, and positive team player willing to take initiative
- Flexible and adaptable to new program needs in a shifting environment
MEEA offers a competitive employment package with salary commensurate with experience.
Civic Opera Building
20 N Wacker Dr.
Chicago, IL 60606
Submit cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject BOC Program Associate. Candidates who do not submit all three items will not be considered. Candidates considered for interviews will be asked to provide writing samples and three references. No phone calls please. Employment is contingent on successful completion of a background check.
MEEA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination with regard to race, sex, gender, color, age, religion, creed, class, sexual orientation, national origin, and disability.