The NASEO Buildings Program analyst will work closely with the NASEO Senior Program Manager for Buildings to provide on-demand technical assistance to states on a variety of topics related to energy efficiency and building energy performance. This position will provide support for research and writing tasks, scheduling conference calls, organizing webinars and conference panels, and providing assistance and analysis to NASEO members. Topics covered under NASEO’s Buildings Program include building energy codes, home energy labeling, energy service performance contracting, zero energy/emissions buildings, building-grid integration, resilience and energy planning. Some travel will be required.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com. No calls please.
Responsibilities and Expectations:
• Assist with research and analysis of building energy efficiency technologies and policies in residential, commercial, and industrial facilities;
• Write reports, case studies, and short articles describing proven strategies to improve building energy efficiency;
• Interact with NASEO membership via conference calls, meetings, presentations and events;
• Assist with development of reports and case studies;
• Coordinate conference calls, webinars and events;
• Attend NASEO events;
• Support NASEO’s delivery of technical assistance to states on an as-requested basis;
• Identify opportunities for program expansion and help prepare grant applications;
• Support meeting and conference preparation and development;
• Support project management and reporting for grants;
• Rapidly respond to member inquiries on assigned topics.
• Bachelor’s Degree;
• Excellent writing, analysis, research, and project management abilities;
• Familiarity with building codes and standards (e.g. IECC, ASHRAE, LEED, Passive House);
• Knowledge of energy efficiency strategies in residential and commercial end uses;
• Ability to work independently as well as on a team on multiple projects and initiatives;
• Attention to detail;
• Ability to travel to NASEO events;
• 0-2 years experience (including internships) in energy efficiency;
• Ability to understand and apply members’ interests and priorities to work products and communications; • Professional and deferential demeanor.
Helpful but not required:
• Knowledge of electric power systems, electric and gas utility regulations and structures;
• Master’s Degree in policy or energy subjects.