The American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE), a leading national nonprofit research organization based in Washington, D.C., seeks an intern for its State Policy Program to support the development of ACEEE’s second annual Rural Energy Conference, held in Chicago in February 2020. ACEEE acts as a catalyst to advance energy efficiency policies, programs, technologies, investments, and behaviors.
This intern position will support agenda development for the 2020 Rural Energy Conference, a dynamic one-day event that explores how energy efficiency and clean energy are increasing rural prosperity. The conference will bring together leaders from utilities, government, industry, nonprofits, financial institutions, and academia through interactive sessions and plenary panels. The intern will coordinate activities of the Rural Energy Conference advisory committee and act as a liaison between the ACEEE State Policy and Conferences teams to ensure smooth coordination on conference logistics. This position will provide the intern with experience in conference planning, exposure to the broad range of energy efficiency topics and understanding of how they intersect with issues faced by rural communities, and direct interaction with experts. The intern will also have the opportunity to attend the conference.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinate activities of the Rural Energy Conference Advisory committee including finalizing conference content, scheduling committee meetings, and managing communications with the committee.
- Communicate with conference presenters and facilitators and track status of presenter invitations and confirmations.
- Prepare conference materials including schedule and detailed program
- Respond to e-mail and phone inquiries about the Rural Energy Conference
- Students working toward a Bachelor’s degree or graduate degree are strongly encouraged to apply. Those working toward a degree in a relevant field preferred, but not required
- Detail-oriented and well-organized with good time management capabilities
- Team player with strong written and oral communications skills
- Familiarity and experience with conferences or event planning preferred
- Interest in and familiarity with energy efficiency topics a plus, but not required. Understanding of rural energy issues a plus.
- Self-motivation and ability to manage multiple assignments (as needed), work efficiently, and meet deadlines.
Timing: This is a 16 week internship will begin as soon as possible. The project will require a time commitment of 15-20 hours/week. Interns are expected to be present in the office during their designated work hours.
To Apply: Please send a resume with cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use “Rural Energy Conference Intern” in the subject header. We do not accept calls about our internships.
The American Council for an Energy-Efficient Economy (ACEEE) is a nonprofit organization that acts as a catalyst to advance energy efficiency policies, programs, technologies, investments, and behaviors. ACEEE is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination with regard to race, sex, color, age, religion, creed, class, sexual orientation, national origin, and disability.