This position (GS-12 or GS-13) is located in the Office of Weatherization and Intergovernmental Programs (WIP) within the Office of Technology Development of the EERE in Washington, DC. EERE invests in clean energy technologies that strengthen the economy, reduce dependence on foreign oil, and protect the environment. EERE leverages partnerships with the private sector, state and local governments, DOE national laboratories, and universities to transform the nation’s economic engine to one powered by clean energy. The role of the WIP is to promote the adoption of energy efficiency and renewable energy technologies by a wide range of customers and stakeholders, including States, communities, institutions, companies and private citizens. In particular, WIP has overall responsibility to administer the Weatherization Assistance Program and the State Energy Program.
- Serve as a Technical Project Officer for projects involving research, development, demonstration and deployment. Provide technical expertise and assistance to program officials and is responsible for anticipating, identifying and resolving problems that arise in assigned projects.
- Manage a project portfolio. Provide recommendations on technical performance, costs and schedule requirements for projects that contribute to the goals and objectives.
- Analyze and evaluate overall performance of the projects within the Program, assessing Program variances from expected progress and initiates necessary corrective actions. Responsible for monitoring performance and status of assigned Program tasking, e.g. science and technology base and operations and support.
- Develop and collect data on progress in the conventional industry, planned and operating projects, industry participants, and new technologies. Identify issues limiting use of energy efficiency the U. S. and work with affected stakeholders to develop solutions and eliminate barriers.
- Provide policy and technical recommendations to promote efficient use of the Department's resources and achieve programmatic goals.
- Assist in writing and issuing Funding Opportunity Announcements for the program, chair the technical merit review of proposals, provide reports to the Selection Official as the proposals reviewed and the proposals recommended for funding.
- Prepare pre-award documents for issuance of financial assistance agreements and contracts. Provide technical guidance and information resources to financial assistant recipients.
- Identify opportunities for improvements and new initiatives as applicable. Keep abreast of technologies related to assigned program areas.