Position at Franklin Energy
We provide our utility clients with a wide range of energy-saving and renewable energy solutions. From individual utility customers and construction contractors, to utilities, municipalities, and government bodies, our clients have come to depend on our customized energy efficiency programs to help them to meet their energy saving goals.
The Customer Care Specialist is primarily responsible for providing a high level of customer satisfaction by promoting participation in energy efficiency programs. This position is also responsible for addressing and resolving customer inquiries, problems, and complaints in accordance with company policies and procedures. You will also be working with others who are passionate about energy efficiency and making a positive impact on the industry.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
This list of duties and responsibilities is not all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties and responsibilities, as management may deem necessary from time to time.
* Answer incoming customer telephone calls and log all calls
* Work across multiple programs and phone lines and ability to transfer calls
* Promote participation in energy efficiency programs that the customer may qualify for
* Address and resolve customer inquiries, regarding products, services, billing, etc.
* Establish and maintain positive working relationships with customers by ensuring a high level of customer service
* Address and resolve customer complaints and make recommendations
* Make outgoing calls to customers for scheduling appointments, taking surveys, and promoting a program offering to a qualifying customer
* Follow-up on customer calls not immediately resolved
* Provide accurate and timely information regarding the status of customers' application and rebate checks
* Enter all required information into computerized systems to create and maintain the customer database.
* Provide inside support to Program Manager, Energy Engineers and Energy Advisors as needed
* Communicate with customers via alternative media
Education and Experience
* High School diploma or equivalent
* Associates Degree - Preferred
* 1-2 years of previous customer service experience
Required Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
* Strong customer service and communication skills
* Must be able to handle a wide work variety and work in a fast-paced environment
* Must be a detail-oriented, organized, self-starter, and have an ability to prioritize workload
* Ability to identify and resolve project application issues with customers and trade allies
* Knowledge of program parameters and levels of service
* Proficient in Microsoft Office, specifically Word, Excel and Outlook
* Strong data entry skills in entering information in tracking systems/databases
* Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing with customers, clients and employees
* Ability to analyze and interpret data and solve practical problems
* Knowledge of mathematical concepts such as fractions, percentages and ratios
* Proficient in English and Spanish - Preferred
* Ability to work flexible hours
* Reliable transportation
Licenses & Certifications
* Valid driver's license
* Willingness to travel less than 10% of the time
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT
* Required to sit, stand, walk; talk and hear; and ability to touch and handle tools and/or controls
* Ability to lift up to 10 pounds
* Noise Level is typically moderate
Employee could be exposed to fumes and/or airborne particles and risk of potential shock
Note: Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
The above information describes the general duties and requirements necessary to perform the principle functions of the position. This shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the duties and requirements that may be necessary in this position.
An Equal Opportunity Employer