At MEEA, we leverage our unique position as the Midwest’s key champion and trusted information resource on energy efficiency policies and programs to help our members and stakeholders identify, understand and implement cost-effective energy efficiency strategies that provide economic and environmental benefits. As a collaborative network and an influential membership organization spanning thirteen states, we provide a professional forum where energy providers, policymakers, implementers, manufacturers, advocates, and other stakeholders can make connections, seek advice and learn about energy efficiency. With our dynamic annual conference, MEEA plays an important role in forging partnerships, promoting new technologies and curating the evolving conversation around economic sustainability and environmental stewardship from energy efficiency.
The Policy Intern works under the direction of the Senior Policy Associate to assist MEEA with policy research, member outreach, candidate education and data collection. The featured project will involve supporting the MEEA general policy team with our energy efficiency advocacy efforts within our 13-state territory, which includes state legislative candidate education, gubernatorial education and the development of messaging materials.
- Maintain a database of member headquarters and satellite locations;
- Create a database of energy efficient product manufacturing locations;
- Work with the general policy team to develop marketing materials on research into targeted messaging and Advocacy Toolkit materials;
- Provide basic research and draft documents related to energy efficiency policy initiatives;
- Support the MEEA general policy team efforts as needed;
- Minimum commitment of 15-25 hours per week from September through November/ December 2018.
- Junior or Senior in college required, completed Bachelor’s degree, preferred.
- Interest in public policy and environmental and energy issues strongly preferred.
- High-level writing and speaking skills.
- Orientation to working as a member of a team in a small-office environment.
- Demonstrated focus on time management and task diligence.
- Learns new software and web-based applications quickly.
- Proficient in the Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Civic Opera Building
20 N Wacker Dr.
Chicago, IL 60606
Submit cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject: “Policy Internship” by August 20, 2018. Candidates considered for interviews will be asked to provide writing samples and three references. No phone calls please. MEEA is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination with regard to race, sex, gender, color, age, religion, creed, class, sexual orientation, national origin, and disability.