(please apply by clicking link above)
Education, Community and Social Programs Division
The Health, Environment, Analytics, Resilience, and Social policy (HEARS) group works to improve the conditions of America's most at-risk populations—reaching out directly to the populations in need, as well as providing strategic consulting support to human services agencies throughout the United States. If you are enthusiastic about solving social, environmental and economic issues related to affordable housing, community development, energy efficiency and renewable energy that make a difference in people's lives, this is the place for you!
As an Associate you will be an integral part of the Housing and Community Development team at ICF. You must be a team player able to work in a fast paced environment who will be responsible for supporting a wide range of technical assistance engagements, providing guidance, and developing products and written materials designed to help improve the effectiveness of housing assistance, energy efficiency/ renewable energy and other programs designed to assist special needs populations.
- Supporting technical assistance engagements on efforts related to energy efficiency and renewable energy in affordable housing; coordination of technical assistance and preparation of reports, guidance and training materials.
- Contributing to the development and deployment of communications, outreach, and training resources, including case studies, webinars, in-person events, and other communications.
- Working with program participants to help them track energy consumption data in ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager. Providing day-to-day technical support regarding requirements, regulations and rules, procedures, and practices of Federal programs.
- Providing financial and project management support on work being performed.
- Ensuring that all technical work performed is of high quality, on-budget, and delivered in a timely manner.
- Serving as a direct point of contact and liaison for program participants.
- Bachelors’ degree in Energy, Environment, Public Affairs, Public Policy, Government, Economics, Urban Planning or other relevant field
- 5+ years of direct experience working in public or private non-profit organizations
- Interest in affordable housing, community development and energy efficiency/sustainability
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software (i.e., Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with program participants.
- Ability to work with all levels of internal staff, as well as outside clients and vendors
- Ability to handle multiple priorities and work limited overtime, as needed
- Excellent problem solving skills with ability to analyze situations
- Superior interpersonal skills including courtesy, professionalism, and a cooperative attitude
- Team player with the ability to take initiative and work well independently
- Experience with developing and implementing project/team processes
- Superior attention to detail
- Willing to travel
- Master's Degree in Energy, Environment, Urban Planning, Public Administration, Public Policy, Government, or a related discipline.
- Direct experience in the field of affordable housing and community development. Experience with energy efficiency, utility benchmarking and renewable energy a plus.
- Experience supporting technical assistance projects (such as training delivery, direct technical assistance to local government entities or non-profits, and/or resources/tools development).
ICF offers an excellent benefits package, an award winning talent development program, and fosters a highly skilled, energized and empowered workforce.
ICF is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity at all levels. (EOE – Minorities/Females/ Protected Veterans Status/Disability Status/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity)
Reasonable Accommodations are available for disabled veterans and applicants with disabilities in all phases of the application and employment process. To request an accommodation please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be happy to assist. All information you provide will be kept confidential and will be used only to the extent required to provide needed reasonable accommodations. Read more about non-discrimination: EEO is the law and Pay Transparency Statement.
Working at ICF
Working at ICF means applying a passion for meaningful work with intellectual rigor to help solve the leading issues of our day. Smart, compassionate, innovative, committed, ICF employees tackle unprecedented challenges to benefit people, businesses, and governments around the globe. We believe in collaboration, mutual respect, open communication, and opportunity for growth. ICF—together for tomorrow.
ICF (NASDAQ:ICFI) is a global consulting and technology services provider with more than 5,000 professionals focused on making big things possible for our clients. We are business analysts, policy specialists, technologists, researchers, digital strategists, social scientists and creatives. Since 1969, government and commercial clients have worked with ICF to overcome their toughest challenges on issues that matter profoundly to their success. Come engage with us at icf.com.