The Department of General Services (DGS) Office of Energy is recruiting for an “Energy Data Coordinator” to provide technical support and coordination for the State’s Energy Data Program which administers the Maryland State Energy Database. The Energy Database tracks energy cost and usage data for all State agencies. The position will play a key role in energy data projects and database cleanup and improvement efforts. Additionally, the position will assist with reporting, data analysis and benchmarking analytics for State buildings. The Office of Energy tracks energy usage and cost for all State government agencies and provides support to agencies in energy usage, cost, utility billing, and energy efficiency projects.
- Utilize energy database to run reports, produce charts, and investigate and solve energy data issues.
- Monitor, manage and verify the completeness and accuracy of DGS utility data in the State Energy Database.
- Assist with the collection of building and utility data from agencies. Interact with agencies to request missing data and track responses. Field questions from agency staff related to the data.
- Analyze/Review utility bill records in the State Energy Database to ensure quality control. Identify missing bills and data. Coordinate with agencies, utility companies, vendors and internal staff to resolve findings.
- Attend and participate in progress meetings with database contractors.
- Provide support to the Energy Data Program through document preparation (agendas, meeting minutes and reports), assisting with issue tracking and resolution.
- Assist the Energy Data Program Manager with benchmarking analytics for State buildings.
- Support other staff on unique projects as required.
Note: This is a contractual (hourly) position, with an annual renewal option available.
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, and four (4) years of experience in administrative staff or professional work (additional experience in administrative staff or professional work may be substituted for the required education).
- Familiarity with Excel is required and an Excel test will be administered as part of the interview process.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is required.
- Experience analyzing data sets is required.
Desired or Preferred Qualifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience working in the energy field or familiarity with utility bills.
- Experience with ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel including use of pivot tables.
To Apply: E-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Please call the DGS HR Office at 410-767-4985 with questions about this position or the application process.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER