The Department of General Services (DGS) Office of Energy is recruiting for a “Sustainability Coordinator” to staff the Maryland Green Purchasing Committee and manage sustainability initiatives at DGS. This position will also support the Energy Data Program by providing energy analytics and benchmarking for State buildings.
- Serve as DGS’ primary staff person for the Maryland Green Purchasing Committee (GPC).
- Support the GPC through attending and participating in meetings, contributing to agendas, drafting meeting minutes, preparing presentations, and related administrative tasks.
- Participate on GPC sub-committees.
- Research/contribute to the development of green purchasing specifications, guides and best practices.
- Plan and coordinate events and training opportunities to promote awareness, understanding and adoption of green purchasing initiatives.
- Assist with the preparation of the GPC annual report.
- Support the Energy Data Program through ongoing data improvement efforts.
- Assist with agency outreach and reporting on energy data.
- Benchmark State buildings using the State Energy Database and ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager.
- Manage DGS energy challenges and competitions.
- Assist with the creation of educational materials, maps and dashboards for DGS website, email communications on energy usage and cost data.
- Track and report annually on DGS recycling efforts.
- Maintain a knowledge base on recycling, composting and other green initiatives throughout the State.
- Support other sustainability and energy efficiency projects as required.
Note: This is a contractual (hourly) position, with an annual renewal option available.
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university, and four (4) years of experience in administrative staff or professional work (additional experience in administrative staff or professional work may be substituted for the required education).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office including Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint is required.
- Basic understanding of current sustainability issues and concepts, and the ability to locate and interpret relevant legislation is required.
Desired or Preferred Qualifications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Experience developing or implementing sustainability programs, and experience with energy data analysis.
- Familiarity with government procurement processes and regulations.
- Experience using ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager for building energy performance benchmarking.
To Apply: E-mail your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Please call the DGS HR Office at 410-767-4985 with questions about this position or the application process.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER